cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating NVIDIA Drivers w/ 3D Emitter Working

Retired
Not applicable
Since I was as stumped you could become when I wanted to update my graphics drivers on my laptop, I thought I would give you a hint as to where to go to obtain the NVIDIA driver that also contains the 3D Emitter in case it doesn't work for you (because it stopped working for me once I updated too)!

• Goto NVIDIA.com and the normal driver search page that we're all used to.
  • Select "3D Vision" for Product Type
  • Select "3D Vision" for Product Series
  • Select "Full driver CD for Notebook PCs" for Product
  • Choose your appropriate Operating System and Language and search!
  • The downloaded zip will contain an executable that allow you to install the drivers step by step.

It worked for me, and I'm using the latest drivers (267.76).
10 REPLIES 10

Retired
Not applicable
I've attempted to update my video driver to 280.26 numerous times and with various methods but all I get is either error messages or BSOD. I was going to try this but it seems the process has changed. Guess a call to Asus is in order otherwise I'll need to return before my 14 days are up. No way updating a driver should be this much of a pain! :mad:

Starting with Release 270, all GeForce GPU driver packages will now include all drivers necessary to run 3D Vision. These are drivers with version 270.xx and higher. As a result, NVIDIA is no longer providing separate 3D Vision CD Kits.

Please go back to the previous page and select Product Type as “GeForce” and find the correct driver for your GPU.

Chastity
Level 10
Have you uninstalled the Verde drivers, reboot, run Driver Sweeper 3.1.0 for NVIDIA drivers, reboot, then install the VERDE package with the optional clean install?
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
These are the graphics drivers currently displayed in Programs.

NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver 267.92
NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 268.37
NVIDIA Graphics Driver 268.37
NVIDIA HD Audio Driver 1.2.22.1

Besides attempting the procedures below, prior to installing the new drivers I've closed any unnessessary programs and processes, run driver sweeper, used safe mode, etc. In the end I always get the same message that the driver cannot find compatible graphics hardware. I'm coming from an old XP desktop so much of this is new to me but previously I never had a problem updating my Radeon graphics. Thanks for any help. I'm at my wits' end. :confused:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555
http://www.nvidia.com/object/drivers_faq.html

edit: oops! I might have been attempting to install the wrong driver. On the Nvidia download page I set product type/series/product: to GeForce/500/ GTX560. Should I be installing the 3D vision (Pro?)/3D vision/3D vision driver for GeForce?

xeromist
Make sure you select 500M, not 500.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Dooh! Okay, so then I would be installing the 500M/GTX 500M driver. What about the 3D vision driver then, or is that combined with the other? Thank you.

xeromist
I believe that all Nvidia drivers now include the 3D capability.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Okay I'll give that one a shot. Cheers! 🙂

Retired
Not applicable
Success! Thanks a bunch guys. 🙂

Components installed:

NVIDIA update 1.4.28
PhysX System Software 9.10.0514
HD Audio driver 1.2.23.2
3D Vision Controller driver 280.19
Graphics driver 280.26
3D Vision driver 280.26

chrsplmr
Level 18
Amazing tech.... I have to see one of these..
What's the verdit? Worth every penny?