Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Fusion thermal solution
    The pièce de résistance of all VRM cooling. The best hybrid of air cooling / watercooling on a VRM cooler.
    The typical watercooler doesn’t ever think about water cooling VRM. What’s the point? Only some motherboards have compatible VRM waterblocks. The heatpipe helps as additional cooling regardless of whether it’s being used for watercooling or for aircooling.

------

It didn't say if there was a limit on posts so i'll post three
    I hope I win

New ROGer Array

thoughts on MvFTFX

great ROG products are par for the coarse at Asus. Instead of dropping to my knees ill offer up some things id do differently...

1. removable barbs.....I run 13mm barbs... unfortunately the hard piped barbs were a deal breaker for me...a went with a sabbertooth instead

having the ability to remove and cap them would make for much better air cooled aesthetics as well...

2. angled DRAM slots.... we have sooooo many choices for good looking DRAM,,, how cool would it be if you could "lay" the ram down to a) see the whole product in all of its glory or b) have big ol' dominators, or hyperX's actually fit under some heat-sink solutions.....

3. an ROG front 5-1/4 panel with gamer orientated connectivity options....maybe even a cool cpu Hz tach. too

4. the last innovation i would like to see is instead of having the power connections on board....how cool would it be to have individually braided (30cm???) wires soldered to the board with the connector at the end so you could loop them around back

anywho....thats my two cents for-ya.....

New ROGer Array

Air or Water cooling? why can't I have both? Ooh... new! Maximus V Formula...

Water or air? Air or Water? Arr... I tired of changing or planing either Fan/Air or Liquid system to cool down my PC.

But when I saw this motherboard... Maximus V Formula... I am thinking that what purpose of coming new ROG motherboard
    again...?

Ooi! Fusion Thermo Solution:
    nice and cool name... and what did I forget to mention that it is air and water cooling at the same time? is good for OC

OoI..! mPCIe combo (IS DUAL, is dual-band Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0, value added a lot), this will save
    my $$$ to buy an ASUS graphic card
    (not to mention is the NEW nvidia GTX 660ti DirectCU II, everything will be cool down)

Ooi...! last one thing... it has SupremeFX IV, GOOD sound it has a cover to protect the audio chip (feel safe)
    Japan ELNA premium audio capacitors, (Japan things always good), 300ohm Headphone amp
    (hehe save $$$ again for upgrade RAM or SSD or monitor)

Great motherboard, great cooling, good audio, great value.

why good audio? if I win the ThunderFX then...is will really be GREAT AUDIO.

Thank you

ROG Member Array

Absolutley Remarkable!!!

I love the high number of I/O ports available. Gamers and computer enthusiasts should not feel the need to unplug devices due to a lock of port availability. The Fusion Thermo Solution - World’s first hybrid air and water cooling thermal design- is absolutely genius. Why hasn't anyone else thought about doing this! I probably would not make much use of the Bluetooth tech any time soon. I don't have many bluetooth enabled devices. I love that ASUS made the needs of gamers, particularly FPS players, a top priority when designing Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX. Based on the specs and included technologies, ASUS has designed a top of the line MOBO for both gamers and hardcore computer enthusiasts that like to overclock to the limit.

New ROGer Array

My 100 words

If you search for a complete, reliable and next-gen proof platform for a new rig Asus

Maximus V Formula with ThunderFX is the way!It has everything you would need to compete

with other brands for a long time. As a gamer I would definitely buy this in order to put

together my new desktop.SupremeFX for clearer sound, max. 32GB of memory, support AMD 3 Way

CrossFireX and Nvidia SLI tech will bring a detail for more than 1 monitor. with Intel 1

Gigabit LAN Controller and a Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, smacking out of annoying lag from an

online game.The only gamble feature in my opinion is the thermo-fusion because most of the

regular people will still be too lazy to water-cool their pc but it`s clearly a step

forward, it made me curious.The board is cool and great. Does provide ample space for

OC.personal opinion ,Also with a little tweak, asus could included more ram slots for

graphic designers.

New ROGer Array

Red face ThunderFX Competition

My 100th Words
    A true plus for water cooled and air.
    This Would Have some benefits for people with laptops that doesn't have a reliable or decent sound card ,also for radio ham's that built Software development radios that i busy building this would benifit me allot also in Africa is difficult to get decent things so true test for the product as advertisement in this area.
    The noise cancelation would help allot for different things especially the SDR receiver and transmitter i am planning to build.

All i can say is that this product can be tested at broader level for amateurs!.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

This appeals to alot of gamers going into the higher market, Having Air and Water Cooling ready solution available, what also sets this apart from others for gamers are the mPCI and mSata ports to allow Wifi and SSD capabilities.
    The on-board Audio technology regarding interference and the Software Priority Online: Game First II, just a amazing added bonus because honestly, the worst thing is annoying mic problems in the middle of a raid, or a strategy discussion in FPS ect.
    Bluetooth a little overkill but overall the Maximus V Formula is Great for gamers, Asus Stepped it up! Amazing!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    only above this line is what I wrote for 100 words
    Counted by http://www.wordcounter.net/ 100 words =)
    Last edited by Cody_Irwin; 08-30-2012 at 07:14 AM.

New ROGer Array

100 Words 2 Win 1 Of 3 Thunderfx

Let me start off by telling what kind of pc i play with,
    1 Asus Matrix 5870 ROG VIdeocard, Motherboard Rog Maximus Formula III, 8gb memory, I7 processor.
    now enough about the technical stuff, Cause I never expected how it changed my life..

I entered different games on FB,
    by valvoline
    by Audi
    by Nissan
    by Mercedes

little Prizes, to much to write..

1st big win going as Valvoline VIP WTCC at Budapest,
    Next Win as a VIP at 24h Le Mans France.
    Next Win VIP at city racing Rotterdam, with NIco Rosberg
    and many many more, THX ROG you made it happen

New ROGer Array

SupremeFX IV provides a serious onboard audio solution, which is not always provided by manufacturers. The metal interference shield looks especially interesting. The discrete amp ThunderFX with its combination of outputs and ENC seems unprecedented. Fusion Thermo Solution combines air and water cooling capabilities, and in doing so, lowers the threshold for beginner overclockers to try new methods of cooling. It would have been nice to see thunderbolt on the displayport output. Maybe it is present, but it is not clearly indicated. Whether you’re a beginner or an old hand, Maximus V Formula is a great way to go!

ROG Member Array

Completely Amazing

In my opinion, this motherboard is currently the best thing out there for gamers. Liquid cooled to keep everything flowing smoothly and no lag due to heat, with amazing 7.1 surround sound quality so you can literally hear your surroundings. An intel ethernet port handles the highest speeds and the wifi card is dual band which removes interference so nothing gets in your way! How many other motherboards let you control your bandwidth and sounds the way this one does? That's right absolutely none. With the capability of adding the ThunderFX device your gaming experience would be like no other!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast