cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Second Velocity very low fps in g75

caghangir
Level 7
I have g75vw-rs72 and tried to play Split Second :Velocity in 1920*1080 ,very high setting ,vsync is open and i maximum take 16fps and 15fps average .I cant play with that and it is very low fps for my g75 .Is it any fix or is there any user that have low fps problem in Split Second?
7 REPLIES 7

mrwolf
Level 10
Hmm.. i have never played this game on my G75 but if you tell me all the settings available i can probably help you for optimizations as im good with that stuff 😛

Also try turning v-sync off, it capps your frame rate and also turn triple buffering off when v-sync is off

If u have the 3d version put ur frame rate to 120hz

caghangir
Level 7
I turned off vsync and nothing changed in fps.Some bad computers even plays 30fps in very high setting even with 2 year old computers

mrwolf
Level 10
Do you have the latest drivers for ur GPU and CPU...?

Also you should see the settings in ur nvidia control panel to make sure everything is in check for example if anti-aliasing is not used in the game and FXAA and it is forced on in ur control panel it will cause issues..
Its definatly not ur G75 trust me, it could even be that the game is old and made by disney lol, so they might have really bad coding that just bring terrible fps. I searched a bit and many people are having issues..
Check this thread out: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165803

hope it helps

Woots
Level 11
caghangir wrote:
I have g75vw-rs72 and tried to play Split Second :Velocity in 1920*1080 ,very high setting ,vsync is open and i maximum take 16fps and 15fps average .I cant play with that and it is very low fps for my g75 .Is it any fix or is there any user that have low fps problem in Split Second?

Are you playing the game on battery power? or AC power?

If you are playing on battery power your windows 7 default settings are set to diminish your performance greatly in order to preserve battery life.

If this is the case test it on AC power and you will see a shocking increase in performance.
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

caghangir
Level 7
My softwares are up-todate and i m using nvidia 304.79 beta driver.I am also playing the game on AC power and playing with high performance mod on asus.
Do you have the latest drivers for ur GPU and CPU...?

Also you should see the settings in ur nvidia control panel to make sure everything is in check for example if anti-aliasing is not used in the game and FXAA and it is forced on in ur control panel it will cause issues..
Its definatly not ur G75 trust me, it could even be that the game is old and made by disney lol, so they might have really bad coding that just bring terrible fps. I searched a bit and many people are having issues..
Check this thread out: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=165803

hope it helps

I think this is Split Second problems because i get http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4128266 from 3dmarks 11 .

mrwolf
Level 10
lol yea, looking at your 3dmark11 score, its definatly Split second.. The game clearly has bad coding/inefficient game engine that does not allocate resources properly..

If you like racing games try out Dirt3 bro.. My favorite racing game, its DX11 and has tesselation and all that stuff looks amazing and plays well 🙂 also its like a rally sim so I love it 🙂

mrwolf wrote:
lol yea, looking at your 3dmark11 score, its definatly Split second.. The game clearly has bad coding/inefficient game engine that does not allocate resources properly..

If you like racing games try out Dirt3 bro.. My favorite racing game, its DX11 and has tesselation and all that stuff looks amazing and plays well 🙂 also its like a rally sim so I love it 🙂
Yes i love dirt3 and i can play ultra settings with above 30fps .Split Second go to hell 😄