Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75vw Screen

aminof
Level 7
Hi everyone
i have the G75vw-T1125V
i need to know if the screen of the G74SX (3D models) can be put in a g75vw (not 3D models).
i found a great deal for a defective asus g74sx 3D model (without motherboard and gpu) so i want to buy it and switch the screens.
my screen is a CHIMEI INNOLUX N173HGE-L11.
i will be grateful if someone can tell me if its possible or not .
thank you
4 REPLIES 4

jorlanm
Level 7
Im pretty sure you can swap the actual screen panel...the problem I see is the 3D emitter going to the bezel
-ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE-
-Intel Core i7-2630QM Mobile Quad Processor
-Intel HM65 Express Chipset +ICH10
-17.3" 1920x1080 120Hz Anti-Glare Matte Screen
-nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
-nVidia 3D Vision Active Shutter Glasses
-Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
-THX TruStudio
-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (Max 32GB)
-2x500 Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid HDD
-Blu-Ray 4x Burner
-Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Laser Mice
-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

-XBOX360, PS3, Wii

jorlanm wrote:
Im pretty sure you can swap the actual screen panel...the problem I see is the 3D emitter going to the bezel

This. The entire bezel would need to change because the 3D emitter part is different, and the G75/74 have different designs so it's not possible I think.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
This. The entire bezel would need to change because the 3D emitter part is different, and the G75/74 have different designs so it's not possible I think.

It should work if they use a 3D vision emitter kit.

Sent e-mail to NVIDIA rep to confirm

UPDATE: NVIDIA rep said it would work. Just make sure to choose the correct device in the NVIDIA control panel

Would need this: http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-3d-vision2-wireless-glasses-kit-us.html
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

X-ROG
Level 15
Depends how the 3D Vision emitter is linked into the display on the G74. I'm not sure. If it's just an internal USB connection than you're fine with using an external one.