Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

taylor iencerp

Quote Originally Posted by TL@ASUS View Post
    Ahh my bad, didn't know the trick.
    Thanks for the heads-up
    This is just a newbie question sorry..so if im to update the bios im not going download the driver then extract it on a flashdrive then rename the file to R4E.ROM? just like the previous instruction of HiVizMan in his old post the bios flashback?
    Last edited by Ascii; 09-18-2012 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascii View Post
    This is just a newbie question sorry..so if im to update the bios im not going download the driver then extract it on a flashdrive then rename the file to R4E.ROM? just like the previous instruction of HiVizMan in his old post the bios flashback?
    yes and now with BIOS renamer, you wouldn't have to worry rename it manually

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi you all. Acoordingly to the CAP converter user guide, you can upgrade your BIOS (I had 1305) directly with the ASUS Update, just downloading the RIVE CAP converter (Rampage-IV-Extreme-CAP-Converter.ROM) and installing using the "Install from a file" option. In the user guide's screenshot, you can clearly see that the file hasn't been renamed. So I did it the same way. The easiest way. After completing this procedure, the system asked to reboot, I accepted, and after a few minutes I got out of my room in looking for a glass of Coke (a diet Coke ^^). When I came back the system was totally OFF, with both BIOS LED lights blinking simultaneously. I entered in panic, really.
    I tried to get my system back. It was totally off (no fans or any other power signal was detected, except for both LEDs blinking I mentioned before). I tried by pressing the reset button, with no results (it looks dead to me), then the reset button. Then both together, then the power button, and so on until my cardiac rythm was cheering with Jesus Christ.
    No results. I unplugged the power cord. Wait a few seconds and plugged it back. SAME SYMPTHOMS. I didn't know what to do. I opened the side panel and tried by pushing the START button built-in the mobo. Nothing...

I pressed several times the BIOS button (to switch between them) and VOILÁ, after pressing it two times (to change to the BIOS 2 and returning to the 1), the PC responds to my POWER BUTTON (in case) and the system just goes on.

The fact is that I missed what the heck happened during the BIOS upgrade. Everything looks fine now, the BIOS detected is the 2105 and everything is quite normal.
    I'm going to try to restart it several times to see if any issue appears, but none of them has appeared so far.

What could have happened there? Why both BIOS led was blinking non-limited? This BIOS upgrade changed both BIOS? (I used to upgrade both BIOS but not simultaneously. For example, when a new update is out, I update my BIOS 1. Then I use that BIOS until a new upgrade is UP, and I change to the BIOS 2 during a reboot to proceed updating that one (the least updated), and so on. One update is applied to BIOS 1, but not the next one. The same for BIOS 2. It's a little bit paranoic but I always like to count with a "backup" just in case the new update fails or doesn't work properly. Just switch the BIOS and everything is just like before.

BUT... what happened with this update? Apparently both BIOS has been updated. This is the root cause for that simultaneously LED blinking?...

Best regards from Argentina, thanks for making this a real forum support for your Customers.
    Last edited by Fedoteh; 10-13-2012 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Grammar mistakes

New ROGer Array

Hi guys,

This is second try of updating BIOS from 1404. A month ago i have to give up, because BIOS 1 got bricked during the update (after updating process, i got stuck in an infinity loop of Updating iROG-1 firmware, restart, updating iRog-1 formware, restart, and so on...) So i have to change to Bios 2 and rest BIOS 1 to default.

Now I´m trying to update again follow every single detail showed in the video. After installing Cap converter, the BIOS update went fine, the Verifying BIOS image went fine, but now... After 10 minutes, i have 2% of Updating iROG-Firmware (+1% each 4-5 min more or less). This is the same that happened me when i tried to update the first time, so i guess: 1.- I´m doing something bad (can´t imagine what can be, because instructions are really easy for a dumb monkey) or 2.- Can my MB be damaged?

I suppose that, in 3-4 hours when it ends updating iROG, this is going to retart and begin updating againg the iRog thing, and i will have to change to BIOS 2 without being able to update it.

Any idea? TU!!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi,

The same for me.
    I am trying this procedure many times but for me at the Verifying state, it's take houres. Is't normal ?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by doncker View Post
    Hi,

The same for me.
    I am trying this procedure many times but for me at the Verifying state, it's take houres. Is't normal ?
    18% now it's running 40 miniutes !!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by doncker View Post
    18% now it's running 40 miniutes !!!
    40% after 2h !!!!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Little update.

At the end, my bios is converted. Don't ask how and why because i don't know my self.

its really scary actually for us to updating our BIOS on expensive RIVE... Fedoteh, this is my 1st time flashing BIOS from ver1101, after update to CAP converter, my BIOS turned to ver2105.. after rebooting, anythin' else runs normal... isnt this skipped to far.. from 1101 to 2105 ??????
    (sorry for my bad english)
    RIVE || 3930k @ 4.5 (-offset 0.010) || Vengeance 1866 4x4 || STRIX GTX980 || H100i GTX || CM pro-gold800w || 2x HyperX 3k 120GB || 750D af || awful cable management

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by n113 View Post
    its really scary actually for us to updating our BIOS on expensive RIVE... Fedoteh, this is my 1st time flashing BIOS from ver1101, after update to CAP converter, my BIOS turned to ver2105.. after rebooting, anythin' else runs normal... isnt this skipped to far.. from 1101 to 2105 ??????
    (sorry for my bad english)
    It's ok. If you follow the procedure then no problem normaly not like me.........
    My english is also a little bit bat but ..............

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast