Processor = intel i7 3930K
Ram = Corsair vengeance 16 GB
Graphics card = Asus GTX 670
cooler = Corsair H80
Power supply = AX 650
Os = Window 7 ultimate
Case = coolermaster half X

these are the problems i have been having =

1. transferring my video from my internal hdd to a external usb 3.0 hdd it would make the system freeze the internal hdd was plugged in to the sata port that is controlled by the X79 so tried a other sata port it seams to work ok now.?

2. when shutting down or restarting windows it would take for ever or not shutdown at all not shoe if this is a micro soft problem or hard wear issue?

3. on Booting up the system it dos not seem to very quick?

4. Recently i have had a pop up box showing Network service help has stopped working problem event name : APPCRASH ???
if any body can help it would be appreciated

Freezing

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: NetSvcHelp.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 4f3ba076
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00033792
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please NOTE! that i have the latest BIOS 2105 and up dated windows the other drivers i have got from the Asus web sight and thanks again! 😄
16 REPLIES 16

InnervateD
Level 10
Is this a Fresh build of Windows 7 on the SSD with this setup? Or did you transfer the image of an existing drive over to the new SSD with all the new hardware?

:d:d:d:d:d:d

InnervateD wrote:
Is this a Fresh build of Windows 7 on the SSD with this setup? Or did you transfer the image of an existing drive over to the new SSD with all the new hardware?

Hi thanks for reply

yes it is about the fourth time i have don a fresh install from a genuine win 7 disc all so earlier was moving some files about and it started to run slow and the start bar disappeared it is very random lol ?????

My friend once had a computer issue where he was having random freezing issues with his drives reading and loading and stuff like writing to them.

I told him to bring it down to basics, and start with one drive and one stick of memory until he realizes what the issue is.

He didn't listen to me, and a few days later after he does what I told him to do, on his own of course. He told me one of his drives was acting up and it was causing windows to freeze up and stuff.

Now, I've actually seen this before with Windows 7, where if you have a failing drive, or a problematic drive, windows will stall and freeze up to make sure the drive is readable or useable in some kind of fashion.

If this is happening with your external drive only, I would check to see if you can move the drive to another enclosure or plug it in internally without the enclosure and see if the problem persists. If the drive is plugged in internally with no enclosure and if it works, it's the controller on the enclosure. If it's still happening, then it's the drive.

if the problem only exists when you plug it into your USB3.0 I would check your drivers, or check your USB3.0 header if your using the USB 3.0 front panel, I would plug it into the back and see it works from the back and not from the front USB panel.

InnervateD wrote:
My friend once had a computer issue where he was having random freezing issues with his drives reading and loading and stuff like writing to them.

I told him to bring it down to basics, and start with one drive and one stick of memory until he realizes what the issue is.

He didn't listen to me, and a few days later after he does what I told him to do, on his own of course. He told me one of his drives was acting up and it was causing windows to freeze up and stuff.

Now, I've actually seen this before with Windows 7, where if you have a failing drive, or a problematic drive, windows will stall and freeze up to make sure the drive is readable or useable in some kind of fashion.

If this is happening with your external drive only, I would check to see if you can move the drive to another enclosure or plug it in internally without the enclosure and see if the problem persists. If the drive is plugged in internally with no enclosure and if it works, it's the controller on the enclosure. If it's still happening, then it's the drive.

if the problem only exists when you plug it into your USB3.0 I would check your drivers, or check your USB3.0 header if your using the USB 3.0 front panel, I would plug it into the back and see it works from the back and not from the front USB panel.

Hi
thanks i will be trying a fresh install and like you say i will try one stick of ram at a time see if that works lol thanks 🙂

InnervateD wrote:

Thanks for all the help i rma the borad and it was found to be faulty! a new one is on is,s way! :cool:

Zka17
Level 16
That Corsair SSD should go really fast... I'm wondering if you optimized the Windows for SSD...

You may want to check this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds

lenehan
Level 10
It may me the RAM issue. Do you have any spare ram for testing? Or you can just try using only one slot of ram to test it out.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

lenehan wrote:
It may me the RAM issue. Do you have any spare ram for testing? Or you can just try using only one slot of ram to test it out.

Hi
thanks for the reply i have changed the ram from my old rig same make but different GB still have the same faults lol???