Processor = intel i7 3930K
    Ram = Corsair vengeance 16 GB
    Graphics card = Asus GTX 670
    cooler = Corsair H80
    Power supply = AX 650
    Os = Window 7 ultimate
    Case = coolermaster half X

these are the problems i have been having =

1. transferring my video from my internal hdd to a external usb 3.0 hdd it would make the system freeze the internal hdd was plugged in to the sata port that is controlled by the X79 so tried a other sata port it seams to work ok now.?

2. when shutting down or restarting windows it would take for ever or not shutdown at all not shoe if this is a micro soft problem or hard wear issue?

3. on Booting up the system it dos not seem to very quick?

4. Recently i have had a pop up box showing Network service help has stopped working problem event name : APPCRASH ???
    if any body can help it would be appreciated

Freezing

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: NetSvcHelp.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 4f3ba076
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00033792
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Please NOTE! that i have the latest BIOS 2105 and up dated windows the other drivers i have got from the Asus web sight and thanks again!
    Last edited by mad4tech; 08-16-2012 at 06:39 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array InnervateD's Avatar

Is this a Fresh build of Windows 7 on the SSD with this setup? Or did you transfer the image of an existing drive over to the new SSD with all the new hardware?

ROG Member Array

:d:d:d:d:d:d
    Last edited by mad4tech; 08-16-2012 at 08:57 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by InnervateD View Post
    Is this a Fresh build of Windows 7 on the SSD with this setup? Or did you transfer the image of an existing drive over to the new SSD with all the new hardware?
    Hi thanks for reply

yes it is about the fourth time i have don a fresh install from a genuine win 7 disc all so earlier was moving some files about and it started to run slow and the start bar disappeared it is very random lol ?????

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array InnervateD's Avatar

My friend once had a computer issue where he was having random freezing issues with his drives reading and loading and stuff like writing to them.

I told him to bring it down to basics, and start with one drive and one stick of memory until he realizes what the issue is.

He didn't listen to me, and a few days later after he does what I told him to do, on his own of course. He told me one of his drives was acting up and it was causing windows to freeze up and stuff.

Now, I've actually seen this before with Windows 7, where if you have a failing drive, or a problematic drive, windows will stall and freeze up to make sure the drive is readable or useable in some kind of fashion.

If this is happening with your external drive only, I would check to see if you can move the drive to another enclosure or plug it in internally without the enclosure and see if the problem persists. If the drive is plugged in internally with no enclosure and if it works, it's the controller on the enclosure. If it's still happening, then it's the drive.

if the problem only exists when you plug it into your USB3.0 I would check your drivers, or check your USB3.0 header if your using the USB 3.0 front panel, I would plug it into the back and see it works from the back and not from the front USB panel.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

That Corsair SSD should go really fast... I'm wondering if you optimized the Windows for SSD...

You may want to check this: http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/s...-for-ssds-hdds

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array lenehan's Avatar

It may me the RAM issue. Do you have any spare ram for testing? Or you can just try using only one slot of ram to test it out.
    Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Please run CHKDSK for each of your hard drives, and that includes your external drives. I suspect that is where the issue is for the freeze during copy.

The slow boot, what USB stuff do you have connected to your system? Keyboard and mouse plus what else?

The appcrash, remove AISuite from your system and your problem will be gone.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

TeamROG Overclocking Member Array The Nemesis's Avatar

Is this system overclocked at all or stock? looking at your hardware you get right at 550w - 600w idle. I've had issues with vengance ram on my testbeds even when using xmp. Whats the speed of the ram 1600, 1866? try setting to auto or downclocking it.
    Praetor
    » i7 990X 3101A239
    » Asus Rampage III Black Edition
    » Asus GTX 470 & 570 Tri-SLI or Three Sapphire 5850's CFX
    » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF
    » Corsiar Force Series 180GB
    » CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W
    » Microcool Banchetto 101
    Defiant
    » G74SX » 16GB ram » Corsiar Force Series 180GB » 750GB Seagate » Blu-ray

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Yeah, maybe several cycles of Memtest86+ would not be too bad at this point...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast