Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

crap. always 70+ xD and the right half of my keyboard is heating up as well wth xD

ROG Enthusiast Array

You're fine. My G53sw get between 77-85c for the cpu and 85 max for the GPU while playing Battlefield 3 on ultra/high settings. My gpu vent get's pretty hot while gaming. The cpu vent doesnt get too hot. My keyboard doesnt ever get hot though.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Typesh86 View Post
    You're fine. My G53sw get between 77-85c for the cpu and 85 max for the GPU while playing Battlefield 3 on ultra/high settings. My gpu vent get's pretty hot while gaming. The cpu vent doesnt get too hot. My keyboard doesnt ever get hot though.
    only the right part of the keyboard though. i wonder.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I think I saw a video once that showed that the video card sits under the right side of the keyboard, thats why it gets hotter (both the keyboard and the air vent on the back). I would start worrying if the machine was getting unstable as it got hotter, but that doesn't seem to be the case now. Keep posting your thoughts so we can share some more info.

Just a note: I was editing some videos last night using Windows Live Movie Maker, and I noticed that the left side air vent got a lot hotter and the fan went to 100%, so my guess is that the right side is mainly for the CPU and the left side is for the GPU. I could be wrong tho.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Horvath View Post
    I think I saw a video once that showed that the video card sits under the right side of the keyboard, thats why it gets hotter (both the keyboard and the air vent on the back). I would start worrying if the machine was getting unstable as it got hotter, but that doesn't seem to be the case now. Keep posting your thoughts so we can share some more info.

Just a note: I was editing some videos last night using Windows Live Movie Maker, and I noticed that the left side air vent got a lot hotter and the fan went to 100%, so my guess is that the right side is mainly for the CPU and the left side is for the GPU. I could be wrong tho.
    I was thinking about that as well. Well yeah, that may probably be it. Thanks for all you insights. Might as well repost when things get a little "bad". HOPEFULLY. Thanks again.

PS.
    I sure do hope that when I play GW2 this won't be an issue. hahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2