cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Chipset and Asmedia USB-drivers and Windows 8 RTM.. (Rampage IV Extreme)

RamGuy
Level 7
Two days ago I downloaded the official Windows 8 RTM Enterprise 90-day trial right of Microsoft's very own servers.. This is the real deal, the final version of Windows 8 from a reliable source (Microsoft).

Installation went fine, setup was straight forward and I got to install all my various drivers and luckily I managed to grab drivers which seemed to be somewhat "Windows 8 Optimised", everything worked flawlessly until my third or so reboot when my mouse cursor was gone all of a sudden. Luckily I got my mechanical keyboard connected through PS/2 and managed to launch "Device Manager" and I noticed that all of my USB ports had been forced disabled by Microsoft due to known software related issues (code 48) so I tried to disable / activate, uninstall / install, roll back to the regular Microsoft drivers instead of the native Intel Chipset and ASMedia ones but this didn't change anything they wore still force disabled and there seemed to be no way around it, funny how Microsoft actually force disable their own built in Microsoft USB drivers? Besides my USB-drivers also my MP990 wireless printer which I hadn't even install got disabled for some awkward reason..

So I restart and disable the signed driver enforcement, but still no USB-action so my system was rendered completely useless due to force disabled USB-ports.....

I start fresh and re-installs everything, this time around I DROP the installation of both Intel Chipset and ASMedia drivers as well as the Asus AI Suite just to see if there might have been something with the drivers that Microsoft / Windows didn't like. Everything worked flawlessly once again until late yesterday when I was playing Starcraft 2 and the entire system halted playing a high fuzzy noise through my headphones. I didn't bluescreen on my but it froze completely so I was forced to shut it down. Upon next boot my god damn USB-driver was forced disabled once more so I tried to install the Intel Chipset drivers and ASMedia USB drivers but they wore still being force disabled so once again I'm stuck with a completely useless Windows 8 RTM installation due to force disabled USB-drivers...

What gives? There is nothing wrong with these drivers, they worked perfect with the release preview, they work perfectly with Windows 7 and my system has been rock stable ever since I got my replacement Intel i7-3960X CPU from Intel moths ago but Windows 8 RTM for some reason just decided to behave like one of the most unreliable operating systems I have used since Windows Vista Pre-BETA....
9 REPLIES 9

RickROG
Level 11
I've read around in various posts Windows 8 is very buggy; are you running the latest cap BIOS-2105.cap?
"If you say you can't, then, you probably can't"

RamGuy
Level 7
I'm running the latest 2105.cap BIOS and there shouldn't really be anything wrong in the BIOS.

Installation went fine, setup was straight forward and I got to install all my various drivers and luckily I managed to grab drivers which seemed to be somewhat "Windows 8 Optimised", everything worked flawlessly until my third or so reboot when my mouse cursor was gone all of a sudden. Luckily I got my mechanical keyboard connected through PS/2 and managed to launch "Device Manager" and I noticed that all of my USB ports had been forced disabled by Microsoft due to known software related issues (code 48) so I tried to disable / activate, uninstall / install, roll back to the regular Microsoft drivers instead of the native Intel Chipset and ASMedia ones but this didn't change anything they wore still force disabled and there seemed to be no way around it, funny how Microsoft actually force disable their own built in Microsoft USB drivers? Besides my USB-drivers also my MP990 wireless printer which I hadn't even install got disabled for some awkward reason..
Hahaha Am I right now? As I said before 3 times here Intel SATA/RAID ROM 3.0.0.1085 came with original Rampage IV Series won't work with TRIM command for SSD and/or SSD RAID Volumn. You'll need to use 2105b MOD bios which updated Intel SATA/RAID ROM 3.2.0.1022 that support TRIM command and it compatible with " Windows 8 Optimised " 100% man Hahahaha 😮
Intel Core i7 3960X 😮 C2 SR0KF 😮 @3.3GHz ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME BIOS 3602 03/15/2013 16 GB GSKILL ZL 9-9-9-24-1T @1600MHz Quad Channel HIS HD7979 1050MHz GPU 1500MHz DDR5 120GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SATA 6Gbps ASUS 24X DVD Corsair AX750 WINDOWS 8 PRO X64 6.2.9200.16384 RELEASE😮

sisco
Level 7
RamGuy wrote:
Two days ago I downloaded the official Windows 8 RTM Enterprise 90-day trial right of Microsoft's very own servers.. This is the real deal, the final version of Windows 8 from a reliable source (Microsoft).

So I restart and disable the signed driver enforcement, but still no USB-action so my system was rendered completely useless due to force disabled USB-ports.....

I start fresh and re-installs everything, this time around I DROP the installation of both Intel Chipset and ASMedia drivers as well as the Asus AI Suite just to see if there might have been something with the drivers that Microsoft / Windows didn't like. Everything worked flawlessly once again until late yesterday when I was playing Starcraft 2 and the entire system halted playing a high fuzzy noise through my headphones. I didn't bluescreen on my but it froze completely so I was forced to shut it down. Upon next boot my god damn USB-driver was forced disabled once more so I tried to install the Intel Chipset drivers and ASMedia USB drivers but they wore still being force disabled so once again I'm stuck with a completely useless Windows 8 RTM installation due to force disabled USB-drivers...

What gives? There is nothing wrong with these drivers, they worked perfect with the release preview, they work perfectly with Windows 7 and my system has been rock stable ever since I got my replacement Intel i7-3960X CPU from Intel moths ago but Windows 8 RTM for some reason just decided to behave like one of the most unreliable operating systems I have used since Windows Vista Pre-BETA....

The problem is AI-SUITE II, namely:

1-AI CHARGER +
2-ASUS Mobilink
3-USB3.0 BOOST

Do not install these applcazioni.

Rody
Level 8
I have not had any issues so far, I did not load any drivers though, only what ever came with windows 8.

RickROG
Level 11
Say RamGuy, what sisco says...are you running the AI-SUITE? I tried it and had alot of problems that disappeared after fresh install without it
"If you say you can't, then, you probably can't"

HiVizMan
Level 40
AIsuite is not something that I would ever suggest be installed. If you can do without the application and Yes You Can 🙂 then do not use it please.

As to the Win8 thing I have not used the latest RTM version but I have constantly had issues with my USB3 ports so I am not too surprised. I do hope that this is sorted. Even though I am quite happy with Win7. I know I will be building systems for others who will want Win8 and I am not looking forward to the returns due to these kinds of buggy issues.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

R4E3960X
Level 10
For me , ASMEDIA USB 3.0 working quite well. Please check your system device manager. I strongly recommend to use Windows 8 driver for optimal performance. 😮
Intel Core i7 3960X 😮 C2 SR0KF 😮 @3.3GHz ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME BIOS 3602 03/15/2013 16 GB GSKILL ZL 9-9-9-24-1T @1600MHz Quad Channel HIS HD7979 1050MHz GPU 1500MHz DDR5 120GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SATA 6Gbps ASUS 24X DVD Corsair AX750 WINDOWS 8 PRO X64 6.2.9200.16384 RELEASE😮

I haven't had any issues with windows 8, other than the obvious issues with RSTe, but I just don't install that.