cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

LeviathanPT
Level 10
Hey guys just wanted to share you with a game i've been playing for a few months now called Project CARS that i think it will pick up your interest since we are all into gaming and pushing our hardwares to the limit.

It's being developed by Slightly Mad Studios (the same producers of Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed but without EA behind them telling what to do) and it is being supported by the community using a system alike Kickstarter Project called World of Mass development.
The game as one of the most astonishing looks that i ever seen so far in any racing game and better than this it has proper physics, believe me this is not a NFS all over again, this is what they wanted from the begining to do but werent let by the publishers they worked for.
They are working closely with Ben Collins (former STIG) in terms of achieving the perfect racing feeling and have acquired already a big ammount of licences from manufacturers BMW, Pagani, Atom and FORD being some of them.

The project is supported by the community like a kickstarter project, you help them fund their project you are not only able to play the pre-alpha now (yes you can play it already) and get daily/weekly/monthly updates with new features and content, you will get aswell some perks depending on how much you help them with, free game copy, your name as a AI, exclusive cars and tracks and the ability to participate on special events and much more.

So far they have gathered around €2.9Million with the support of the community and acquired licenses for over 50 cars including some of the most emblemating racing cars.

This is their concept:

PROJECT CARS represents THE ULTIMATE DRIVER JOURNEY...

FRANCHISE MODE allows you to carve out a personalized career starting in the Karting world and then progressing on to whichever motorsport specialization you prefer including Rally, Touring Cars, Open-Wheel, GT, Le Mans, and many more!

Play CO-OP with a friend as Driver/Co-Driver

FULL TEAM MANAGEMENT... Have a large number of friends? Create, manage, and compete together!

Experience the excitement of PIT STOPS like you've never seen before!

Revolutionary PIT-2-CAR RADIO gives you the strategic advantage

DYNAMIC Time Of Day & Localized Weather make every race unique and challenging

10+ GAME MODES covering every form of motorsport

CLOUD-BASED SOCIAL NETWORK allows you to connect with friends, compare times & scores, compete and challenge each other, and share content

USER-GENERATED CONTENT - Create your own liveries, decals, tuning setups, and even events! Then share them with the world - either for free, in-game credits or even real money!

PUSHING TO THE LIMITS - Advanced physics, lighting, and AI

PROJECT CARS is due for release on the following platforms...
Wii U PC PlayStation 3 Xbox 360

Everything i've seen looks amazing, look at the quality and detail put in those cars and all of these pictures where taken ingame. No post treatment, only using ingame replay cam.

And it's not just this, the physics aswell look and feel brilliant with every piece of the suspension working in real time with a 600hz refresh rate, since it's still in a pre-alpha stage we cant say it will be the final, the new tyre model is still missing but its going in the right direction
If you have a wheel from fanatec or need something to make your hardware cry and scream, you are going to be blown away with this game!

Some videos for you guys to watch:

Project Cars: Project CARS – WMD Portal
World of Mass Development Homepage:WMD Portal

Edit: i tried to search the forums before posting by several keywords and didnt find anything about this, but if theres is im sorry about it.
219 REPLIES 219

mrwolf
Level 10
MAN ! i saw this like 3 days ago and was shocked at how good it looks, signed up to the forums and everything.. Was about to make a thread like this but u beat me to it ! lol 😉

Well it looks fantastic bro.. I have just signed up to the forums but have not payed and downloaded it yet since its still in alpha n stuff.. I was wondering, can i get the whole latest build of the game for the minimum charge? i think its £10 or something.. And is it really that amazing? Even in alpha? Im a full on FPS and Racing Sim guy and im really enjoying Dirt 3 at the moment so i would love to get this if its as good as it looks..

Also the mostt important question for me is... Will it work with Xbox360 controller ??? 🙂
If yes im gna get this **** tomorro mornin lol

Hey MrWolf,

Well you can do as i did, i started as a Junior Pack because i was sceptic aswell about such beauty (this pack costs 10€ and gives you a 10€ discount when the game comes out) after i tried the game i started loving it and upgraded to a Full Member (this pack costs 45€ and you receive a free copy of the released game,get an opponent named after you,access to exclusive car(s) ) and now im a Senior because after all these months and reading every document about the game design and concept behind it i believe in the developers and they give daily base information of the progress with the game in all aspects, maps, cars, effects, features and so on.
Never i had a development team that was so open to the community so they deserve the upgrade ive made and i dont regret it.

I must add that the pictures you see above were all taken using the replay cam that increases the LOD of the cars to a huge level of detail.

I will leave some pictures here of the game from today that ive took while playing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51646791/PCars%20Screenshots/Screenshot23246.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51646791/PCars%20Screenshots/Screenshot21736.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51646791/PCars%20Screenshots/Screenshot25041.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51646791/PCars%20Screenshots/Screenshot17633.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51646791/PCars%20Screenshots/Screenshot10399.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51646791/PCars%20Screenshots/Screenshot8651.png

About the controller i think it works with the wired xbox 360 game controller but not with the wireless version, im using a dualshock 3 with the motinjoy driver and its great. (gonna check the forums for more info tho). Theres some people using the 360 controller this is one of the comments ive found

The XBOX 360 controller for the PC is basically the same as the standard XBOX 360 controller.

I've got the wireless version of it, it's actually an XBOX 360 controller with a separate wireless transponder.

I gotta just say this, I absoloutely love the way the X360 controller works in Pcars for build 184 (and 179 too), I can be precise enough to do wheel to wheel racing with the 79 and fast enough to get 2nd on Glencairn east on the karts. I have all assists off with manual and clutch.

Quick tip: You don't really need to look up whilst racing, so if you want a challenge then map your clutch to the left thumbstick up command, then calibrate it in the wheel menu otherwise it'll keep stalling. It's great fun

mrwolf
Level 10
NICE !! 😄 thanks bro i will get this tomorrow morning and become part of the team..

Btw do you think my system will handle it on high settings if not MAX/Ultra ? (specs are in my sig) i overclock it aswel so that should help :)) cant wait

Hard to say since it is a laptop but according to a external benchmark made by http://www.computerbase.de/artikel/grafikkarten/2012/test-grafikkarten-2012/29/ and if we take in consideration the CPU it should be able to.

Acquire a junior account first and see how it goes and if you enjoy later on you can upgrade the account without having to pay more.

Have fun, im off to bed!

mrwolf
Level 10
lol i just bought the 25euro pack im too impatient 😄 downloading now should be done by morning.. will let u know how it runs 🙂

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
I have to admit, this game is looking *very* enticing...might have to buy the full pack next week, kinda broke right now lol.

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Welllll, I shifted some funds around and I bought the Full Member Pack..downloading now and hey at least if I like this game, i've bought it for half price lol. New games here in Aus generally retail for $100, $55 is a small price to pay for future enjoyment 😛

Oh and Leviathan, I put you in for the "member who recommended" blah blah blah 😄

Hey Myk, glad you enjoyd the images. Theres no need to refer me as i have no profit or gain by doing this in any way.
I do it because i didnt knew about it and found it by mistake while browsing for rFactor2 but the game caught my attention and eye and now after months playing it i feel like theres still alot of people out there missing this great game and want to share my experience with them.

Welcome both and hopefully you enjoy it as much as i do!

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Heh, it was more the clips you linked that really got me interested. Generally I stay away from online games due to having monthly download caps (even 250GB can go quick lol). I put you in as the referrer as sometimes companies behind Forums offer members special items(depending on the Company and decisions) for certain number of referrals on a monthly basis...plus I wanted them to know I didn't just stumble onto the game by accident lol. oh and a quick question...the updates for the game...they're not all 3+GB are they?