Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

But it has never been in the backpack, I don't dare to do that cause I know it will just get worse.

ROG Member Array

Got some pictures for you of how Asus sends it stuff back to you.

How I packed it to ship to Asus:

How they ship it back:

Haven't heard back from Asus yet, I hope the send an email this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    The good news is : What ? It runs perfectly ? Cool.
    Come on now. It is laminate. Normal wear from 'in and out' of a backpack is going to, no matter how
    carful you are, wear the edges. Once an edge is loose .. it is only time til the peel starts ..
    This is not a defect, it is an effect, of use.

There are many skins on the market, including black rubber .. some with the logo.
    Id re-cover it.. just 'my' opinion. Not argu'n.
    You shouldn't need to recover it, a product should at least live to the end of it's warranty period before literally falling apart!

Maybe it's a problem when even the most optimistic member of the forum says "at least it runs fine"... It should be perfect and not be falling apart!

> Part X has broken? But apart from that it runs fine?
    > There are many aftermarket part X available, including some similar to the one that broke
    > I'd just fix it myself
    But why even have warranty if you just DIY...
    Quote Originally Posted by me29011993 View Post
    How I packed it to ship to Asus:

How they ship it back:
    Haha, yup, that's ASUS support for you!

At least this time they were just lazy and incompetent rather than actually malicious!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Symho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
    You shouldn't need to recover it, a product should at least live to the end of it's warranty period before literally falling apart!

Maybe it's a problem when even the most optimistic member of the forum says "at least it runs fine"... It should be perfect and not be falling apart!

> Part X has broken? But apart from that it runs fine?
    > There are many aftermarket part X available, including some similar to the one that broke
    > I'd just fix it myself
    But why even have warranty if you just DIY...

Haha, yup, that's ASUS support for you

At least this time they were just lazy and incompetent rather than actually malicious!
    Hi! Well I have the same problem with the mouse MX518 ROG included in the bundle of the G74Sx. Asus had answer me that this problem it is not recognized by warranty!?!? Ridicoulous! I had 3 RMA with this notebook, and 3 ticket too! I will never buy other ASUS's products! Also many people have problem with them and they are indifferent, well I want see their sales next year! I repeat: RIDICOULOUS!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mouse 1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	748.1 KB 
ID:	11156
    Last edited by Symho; 08-25-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: insert image
    ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black

ROG Member Array

They have good products and I will still buy them (i have a maximus v formula and a 670 DC2T), but when I do, I mf hope it's not broken. Cause then you are in deep ****!

That's crazy! They seem to imply that they have a list of faults that they are willing to fix - or at the least they have a list of faults that they refuse to fix!

I think 'ridiculous' is definitely the best choice of words!

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array fostert's Avatar

My G74 has been stuffed in and out of my G73 backpack (which is a very tight fit for a G74) nearly daily since I got the beast in October last year, and the rubber coating is still immaculate. I would look hard at how you are using it for other sources of unusually high wear.
    --
    G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
    32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
    GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
    17.3" LED 1920x1080
    Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
    Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

ROG Member Array

Dude, I will never abuse a notebook that had cost me more than 1700 euros. I have always taken good care of it. If you knew me you would know i would.

ROG Member Array

So Asus contacted me again, saying that they will not repair it under waranty (so 2 years of waranty is actually like 10-11 months since my laptop is I think from september 2011) but I can send him to them but it will not be free.
    So f*** it, I'm going to Carbon rap the thing, unless I can sell it. Haha, Viva la Asus, and their awesome service (sarcastic for those who didn't get it)

Did they give an excuse for refusing to honor their warranty? Or did they just flat out say "no"?

Carbon wrap sounds sexy as **** though. Perhaps a consider sandblast? Might be nice. If you are feeling adventurous then Japanese syle lacquer would be super sexy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast