Thread: G73JW-XN1 Woes

ROG Member Array

Angry G73JW-XN1 Woes

Hey there,

I've been having a bit of a hard time with my G73JW-XN1, I bought it from Newegg on 2/18/201, and its been a GREAT laptop for about that first year. Recently since March it was randomly hanging or freezing. Kernel 41 came up in the event log a few times, but I couldn't find a straight answer on how to fix it; Its incredibly GENERIC. Anyways. I decided to do a reinstall of Windows 7, and upgrade to 7 ultimate. That went fine; I got some of the basic drivers down, and connected to a WiFi network. (all this was done from a friends house)

Seems simple enough? not really. after taking it back home that night, I decided to power it up and get some of the basic programs back on there, Chrome, and MS Office. It was working fine to download Office and Chrome, but when looking for other drivers (most of my Function keys aside from like F4 aren't working) My internet connection decided to keel over and not work. I went downstairs to my office and checked that the modem was on, and I reset it. I was able to connect my Android phone and iPod touch without issue and surf the internet. BUT for some reason the laptop refused to connect. The microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter was giving me a code 31; Im not sure if i've installed the wrong driver or something but i need some help. I did flash my bios to 205 instead of 202.

can someone direct me to a page with the recommended drivers for this thing? i remember seeing it somewhere; it had only the basics without the unnecessary fluff; Any help is apprecia
    Last edited by MrHatchi87; 08-21-2012 at 06:44 PM.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array PILGRIM's Avatar

Hi there. I'm not sure if Chastity's thread and it links are still working well.
    But try to find what you need here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=
    ASUS G74SX-3DE

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by PILGRIM View Post
    Hi there. I'm not sure if Chastity's thread and it links are still working well.
    But try to find what you need here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=
    PERFECT! that will help; any suggestion with the first issue?