cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get a Black Edition?

Dual
Level 7
Hoping to hear some experiences on the Rampage III Extreme Black Edition.

Anyone here get one yet? They have been out for a few weeks now.
5 REPLIES 5

Goggle_Eye
Level 7
4/25/11

Got one last week, this is aup date from my Asus Rampage ll Extreme. Just got the board installed. Very impressive mother board. I am liquid cooling my computer but the Rampage lll water blocks will not work on this board. I contacted EK and Bits Power. The blocks should be out soon.

If you consider the cost of a Rampage lll Extreme plus a Xonar sound card I felt like I might as well go ahead and purchase the Black Edition.

The sound card is very impressive. The Utilities is a huge improvment over the Rampage ll Extreme.

I just finished a 24 hour burn in to insure every thing was stable. all is ok at 4.2 GHz. Used Prime 95.

The one thing I noticed in BIOS it shows my CPU Temps at 9 degrees Centigrate in BIOS. Havent figured that one out yet. Have a Swiftech GTX water block on the CPU. The thermal cable is showing 27 degrees centigrate. I have the thermal cable attached to the edge of the water block. The water temp at the reseivor is 26.6 degrees centigrate.

The 9 degree centigrate in the BIOS could be a minor issue. So far there is not any up dates for the BIOS.

One of the features I like is the on off switches for the tyhe PCIE. If you have a problem with a card you can isolate the card or issue by using these swithches
CaseLabs Magnum 8
Asus Rampage 4 Black Edition
I7 4930K 4.5GHz
Noctua NH D14
G-Skill Z Series 2133 MHz 16 Gb
2x GTX 780 S.C.
PSU Corsair AX 1500 I
2 x Samsung 850 Pro 2 Tbs Each
2 x Intel 730 Series 480 GBs Each
Sound On Board

I built mine at the weekend and a good solid board using a h70 and temps are good at 4.0ghz

Only issue Im having and Bigfoot are loking at this is Crysis 2 stuttering on Single player when ethernet is connected to bigfoot,

Done this so many times and even done a reinstall of win 7 64bit so Im stumped

I have heard that setting up the bigfoot nic can be tricky or at least it was in previous versions. At one time there were forums dedicated to setting up bigfoot and using it. There should be bigfoot log files on your system somewhere that couldt help.

Might be time to start a thread on bigfoot nic and how to get it working right.

Dual wrote:
I have heard that setting up the bigfoot nic can be tricky or at least it was in previous versions. At one time there were forums dedicated to setting up bigfoot and using it. There should be bigfoot log files on your system somewhere that couldt help.

Might be time to start a thread on bigfoot nic and how to get it working right.

I might need to as on another Forum someone else from the UK is having the same stuttering problems with Crysis 2 but only for about 30 seconds,

Retired
Not applicable
Just to note: Delpy8 has been over on our forums too, and noted the problem went away after he moved the card over to another PCI-E slot.

We've just posted up a guide regarding the Killer E2100 included on the Thunderbolt over here.