cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic Driver Crashing then Recovering

Architext
Level 7
Hi there,

so I'm pretty new to this, but I got my Asus G75VW-T1013V about a month ago, and i uninstalled Asus Live Update when I first booted the laptop up. A couple weeks ago I get a notification that Asus Live Update has succesfully updated to the newest update. I was a bit puzzled, but any who I started to get purple and green flickers for a split second and then Graphic Driver Crashes ever since, it recovers itself but its still annoying. :mad:

I uninstalled Asus Live Update once more via Add or Remove programs so its gone now, and I still get the occasional driver crash. I've played around with the drivers and so far my Nvidia GTX 670 driver is 269.44. Now i've read on the forums that i should update to 301.42 but for some reason when i go to install that it says the driver is incompatible with my Graphic card.

I called the Asus Support Line and he recommend me either RMA or Reset to factory setting through BIOS, I'm a bit hesitant to do this as I did spend a month setting up everything. But if there is a solution it would be much appreciated.

Thank You. 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

c_man
Level 11
You get the desktop one. Make sure you search for 670M drivers.

Thanks for the reply C_Man
I was just wondering do you suggest getting the Beta Drivers, because on the Nvidia Website it tells me there are no drivers for the 670M. However when i search for BETA drivers the 304.79 and 304.48 both come up.

Also do you reckon that the problem can be fixed by updating drivers?

Thanks 😃

c_man
Level 11
Well, since there are no final 6xxM drivers, I'm using these developer ones for a few days now and all looks good (except some minor underclocking bugs, but most people don't do that anyway, it seems that I can't go as low as I could before, still I could manage 2.5h on battery, about the same Kepler gives me).

http://us.download.nvidia.com/opengl/4.3/windows/305.67_notebook_win8_winvista_win7_64bit_internatio...

Games work very well.