cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula Code 55

noddux
Level 7
Hi, i just bought an asus maximus V formula for my new build everything looks great but i have a problem with an error code 55 everytime i tried to boot my pc with 4 rams modules.

I tried with 1 module and the mobo post without problems, i did it with every memory and it works with all modules when i tried with a single channel. I would like to know if theres a problem with my mobo since i just got it from store 2 days ago.

I did a memtest in another pc and the ram works without problems.

If someone knows how to fix this lame code 55 please help me! 😞

My build is :
CPU Intel Core i7 2700k
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16 Gb (4x4) Dual Channel CML16GX3M4A1600c9B.
Graphic Card: EVGA GTX 670 Sc.
PSU: Corsair AX 1200
21 REPLIES 21

Raja
Level 13
If each slot works on its own, then try setting XMP in UEFI. If that does not help, use USB BIOS flash to update to the latest UEFI build and then try again.

HiVizMan
Level 40
In addition to what Raja has suggested could you please try this.

Check on your CPU cooler, it might just be a little to tight on one corner.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Zka17
Level 16
noddux, what are your VDIMM and VCCIO? They may be low for 4 modules...

Hi guys, thanks for all your help.
I did check the cpu cooler for any issues but everything is ok.
Im going to upgrade the bios like you recommend me (hope it works ) 😞 because i tried X.M.P. but still the same code 55 when i put all modules.
About VDIMM and VCCIO i dunno how to set up these values as you can see im new to asus, so it would be good if someone tell me how to do that also what are the recommended values for 4 memories.

well i just upgrade the bios to the latest one but i still got the same error CODE 55.
This is getting annoying -.-" Does anyone knows how to solve that error code?

Zka17
Level 16
What is the voltage your memories are rated? And what voltage are your running your memories? Same questions about the memory timings...

If it's a memory problem, since you excluded the bent pins in the CPU socket when you checked the cooler (right?), you could start pushing the VDIMM, one notch at a time - and test your system after every setting.

Memory voltage is rated at 1.5 v. frecuency at 1600 mhz.
Hmm other data from memory 9-9-9-24 dunno whats that :S

However the memory saids in GPU DIMM POST DDR3 1333Mhz, running at 1333Mhz.
VCCIO Voltage saids 1.059 - 1.062 V VCCSA Voltage is 0.952 - 0.958 V
IMC-DRAM Offset Sign = +
IMC.DRAM Offset = auto
Ai Overclock TUner = X.M.P.
BCLK/PEG Frequency = 100.0
Turbo Ratio = by all Cores
Memory Frecuency DDR3-1600 Mhz
Xtreme Tweaking = disabled
SPI Booster = Disabled
EPU Power Saving Mode = Disabled

DRAM Timing Control Saids:
Maximus Tweak = Auto
Primary Timings:
DRAM CAS# CHB 9 = 9
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay CHB 9=9
DRAM RAS# PRE Time CHB 9 = 9
DRAM RAS# ACT Time CHB 24 = 24
Latency Boundary = Auto

Secondary and Third Timings = Auto Everything.

It looks like i have problems when the motherboard find more than 1 module installed..

Zka17
Level 16
Just want to double check if your CPU and it's socket are fine... - are they?

OK, so the 1.5V is the memory voltage, the 9-9-9-24 are the memory timings.

In the GPU DIMM POST says only that the base frequency of the RAM is 1333MHz, but your is running at 1600MHz (as it should).

Here is what I would suggest you:

Set the Ai Tweaker at "Manual" instead of "XMP" as it is now.
Double check the Memory Frequency to be at "DDR3-1600MHz"
Go lower and set the VDIMM (memory voltage) to "1.5V" (it's below the CPU voltage or Vcore)
The go to memory timings and manually introduce those numbers from your modules 9-9-9-24, let everything else on "Auto"
Hit F10 and Enter, and see if it gives you the same error code (don't worry at this point, it should)

If it gives you the same error 55, go back to BIOS and start increasing the memory voltage (VDIMM) by one notch and try booting. I believe, you should be fine before or when you hit 1.65V...

Let us know, how it goes...

I give up!.
No matter what i try still not work with more than 1 module.
Im very dissapointed at asus motherboards 😞 i though it would be good but i cannot even make it work with all modules -.-"
I dont understand how does it work with 1 module no matter which slot but it dont work with 2 modules or more.

Btw the socket is perfect, its some kind of issue with memory slots... I followed all your advices but still nothing so i guess ill have to rma to amazon > <

I've been looking at the forum and looks like asus rog dont like corsair vengeance 4 gb ddr3 modules since im not the only one with that kind of troubles...

So what should i do? buy new memory modules for no reason? now im scared to rma my mobo and receive a new one which wont work neither -.-"