cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Update to 2105 Killed Mouse in UEFI

taderater
Level 7
All is working well with new bios except the mouse no longer funtions in EUFI as it did in 1404.
All usbs are enabled. Is there another setting I'm missing. If not I'll flash back to 1404.
Please advise.
Thanks
Rampage IV Extreme BE, Intel 4960X, G-Skills Ripjaws Z F3- 2133C10Q2-64GZM, 2 ADATA SX900 512 GB SSD RAID 0, 4 Kingston Hyper X 120 GB SSD RAID 0, Pioneer BDR 2207, Segate 500GB HD, WD Velociraptor 600 GB (2), HD XSPC Cooling Push Pull c/w Heatkiller 3 CPU Block, Asus GTX690 (2), Asus VG278H, Asus VS208N, Xonar Phobus, Corsair 1200AX, Win 7 Ultimate UEFI
13 REPLIES 13

bikeman
Level 7
Tried the 2003 version?
Can try to downgrade the 2003 version.

lenehan
Level 10
It will not work too with 2003. I tested that and posted the problem here.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19995-RIVE-with-bios-2.XXX-and-Roccat-Knon-mouse-problems

Thankn you.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Nodens
Level 16
I'll second that. No mouse in UEFI as I noticed a few minutes ago while moving it by accident. I never use the mouse in the UEFI so I'm not sure what version brought this but I remember it working at some point on 1xxx versions. The mouse in question is a Razer Mamba 2012.

EDIT: For clarification the mouse pointer is visible but not moving.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Mason
Level 10
Can we confirm the mice that this problem has been occurring with? Nodens mentioned Razer Mamba 2012. Does it do this with any kind of mouse or does it only seem to be higher end gaming mice?

Mason@ASUS wrote:
Can we confirm the mice that this problem has been occurring with? Nodens mentioned Razer Mamba 2012. Does it do this with any kind of mouse or does it only seem to be higher end gaming mice?

Tested Roccat Kone, Kone + and Razer Mamba (borrow from shop) all not working. Basic Logitec and MS mouse work. Test conduct from bios 2003 and 2105. Any version before 2.XXX work well. Thank you.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Nodens
Level 16
I will test a cheap standard MS Optical mouse I have for my laptop in about half an hour cause I'm compiling something right now:)
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens
Level 16
Alright. So no reason to test the MS Mouse myself, back to work 😛

RealBench Developer.

lenehan
Level 10
I hope fellow forum member who own a Logitech G700 can test it out as some reported can and some cannot. If you own a G700 please test both wireless and wired. Thank you very much.

lenehan
Level 10
Tested Cyborg R.A.T. 9 Gaming Mouse wired. Not working either.