cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW and GW2 performance question

Loghain
Level 7
Hello,
Im new here and also kinda new to hardware and that stuff, i just wanna ask a couple of questions regarding G75VW performance...
I just bought a couple of weeks ago a new G75VW to (mostly) play GW2. The game is 1/2 days away from the release date and i just have some questions about its performance during latests stress tests. I keep getting around 30/40 fps with medium settings while in best appearance i get around 10/15 fps. I noticed that my cpu never goes over 50% and i think that for my pc specs it should at least get 10 more fps.
Am i doing something wrong? What do u guys suggest i should do to increase performance (if i can)??

oh also yesterday´s stress test was worse i had 20 fps medium settings and 5 best...maybe its game´s fault i just dont know what to do haha its kinda hard to enjoy when its performing like my 3 year old pc.

edit: typo
11 REPLIES 11

Hyugafe
Level 7
Did you try upgrading your graphics driver? I have heard that performance is horrible with old drivers and the newest beta drivers work a lot better with GW2.

EDIT: I forgot to say, GPU's are rather powerful nowadays so games don't need CPU that much.

yeah i do have some outdated drivers but just cause i dont know which one to upgrate to.
http://www.guildwars2.com/es/news/bill-freist-talks-optimization-and-performance/ here they talk about optimization and a special driver having some performance issues, i also read that latests beta and possibly alfa drivers have been underperforming in some out of this world pcs so im kinda confused haha...
if u know of a driver that works wonders itll really help, i just dont know whats safe

Holy
Level 7
i have purchased gw2 also. please remember that it has not been optimized in the stress tests.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

mrwolf
Level 10
Yea firstly it has not been optimized fully yet so it should run much better at release..

Secondly you should update Most if not all of your drivers to get the maximum performance and most efficient use of you system with the latest games. (In particular, Nvidia drivers and Intel chipset drivers)

The reason i say intel chipset drivers is because MMO-RPG's like planetside2 or guidewars2 have huge amounts of people in one single area or on a server. So this generally tends to use you CPU more than GPU. The MAIN reason you are experiencing low fps is because your CPU is notworking at full capacity. I would say go on their beta forums or whatever and see if others are having this issue or if not make a thread. Let the devs know whats up and how it can be optimized so that full CPU usage is being utilized 🙂

In the latest stress test my G75 was running fine, and CPU was running at 30-60% load. I had latest (304.79) mobility beta drivers from nvidia.

I've played several stress tests (including the 1 hour test yesterday) on my G75VW, and I get 80 FPS on auto-detect. Bumping up the textures and a few other settings, while most everything else is Medium/High (except reflections/shadows), I run at a solid 50 FPS even in populate areas.

Update your drivers to the beta ones, and make sure you're plugged in.

15 hours until headstart begins! Woot.

Latest beta driver can be found here!

Thanks guys!! ill update my drivers and hope :p.
Yeah i posted here cause official forums are closed and during the stress test there was a 120 reply thread from ppl with higher or similiar specs underperforming with different and latest drivers...no dev answered anything 😞
i was getting 40 fps on autodetect, everything medium/low. i was kinda dissapointed.

Loghain wrote:
Thanks guys!! ill update my drivers and hope :p.
Yeah i posted here cause official forums are closed and during the stress test there was a 120 reply thread from ppl with higher or similiar specs underperforming with different and latest drivers...no dev answered anything 😞
i was getting 40 fps on autodetect, everything medium/low. i was kinda dissapointed.

If you still have problems when gw2 launches (after you install new drivers), post in this thread and lets try to figure it out.