cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cmos test failed & bios rom utility how to install it

kawasakizx10rr
Level 7
hi i got two beeps on start up this morning iv restarted my pc again and it was just 1 beep now but the asus pc test failed the cmos pattern test . and i thought i will update the bios but i have 1404 and i need to install the bios tool to convert it it says. iv down loaded it but it just says open file with ? i dont no what program to chose. can any one help me please im not to bothered about the cmos failing as iv seen many people saying its just a random glitch. but i DO want to update the bios but this tool it stoping me how do i install the bios converter

mb : Asus rampage iv extreme ROG
cpu : INTEL i7 3930k OC @ 4.7 Ghz / rog gamer mode
ram : G skill Ripjaw 16Gb @ 1600mhz 4 sticks out of 8 slots
gpu 1 : AMD Gigabyte 6970 2GB 900MHz crossfired
gpu 2 : AMD R6970 msi 2GB 940MHz crossfired
sc : Asus Xonar Xense
hdd 1 : SSD Corsair force series 3 120GB
hdd 2 : Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 500GB
hs : Corsair h100
psu : Novatech gold series 1000watt
temp/fan display : NZXT sentry LX
case : Thermatake chaser mk-1
10 REPLIES 10

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20587-Video-Guide-CAP-Converter-BIOS-Update&country=&status...

That will help you mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20587-Video-Guide-CAP-Converter-BIOS-Update&country=&status...

That will help you mate.

OK CHEERS MATE I THINK I GOT THE HANG OF IT SO I INSTALL IT IT THE BIOS but i can still use windows 7 64 bit after the conversion. what was the last thing he clicked on at 1:50 in that video was it the new bios

kawasakizx10rr wrote:
OK CHEERS MATE I THINK I GOT THE HANG OF IT SO I INSTALL IT IT THE BIOS but i can still use windows 7 64 bit after the conversion. what was the last thing he clicked on at 1:50 in that video was it the new bios

After the conversion you need to upfate again with . CAP file.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

lenehan wrote:
After the conversion you need to upfate again with . CAP file.

sorry i dont understand what you mean in this quote not the spelling error but the hole quote im a noob lol. and also after my 2 beeps from windows and the cmos pattern test fail my pc froze today so i restarted it and it say boot device not found iv seen this problem on my other rog pc so i fixed it just but loading on safe defult bios settings then going back to rog gamer mode. but yer im getting worried about my pc now.

Mason
Level 10
the last thing he clicked on at 1:50 was the 2105.CAP so that's the newly converted CAP file. Were you able to get your BIOS updated with a CAP file?

well im going to try it today. so iv downloaded the new,est bios and i have downloaded the cap converter so it run the converter first then i click on the new bios file and install it ? does it convert the bios that is not installed ??

kawasakizx10rr
Level 7
ok so iv just been i the bios and the flash tool but mine does not look as neat as the video i have 4 drives in it and loads of folders to choose from iv made a new folder in disk E and unzipped the bios and cap converter. so now i should be able to fine it this time. again i getting worried about my pc this morning it just kept restarting every 2 seconds on start up about 6 times then i turned of the power and turned it back on and it turned on by it self and kept restarting so i held the CMOS clear button and its ok now but this is getting worrying.

kawasakizx10rr
Level 7
IT SAYS THIS IS NOT A EFI bios

lenehan
Level 10
The best way to use thumdrive. Please refer http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?20587-Video-Guide-CAP-Converter-BIOS-Update&country=&status...
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.