cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Vulcan Pro ANC Gaming Headset! Official ROG Overview

ItsDanK
Level 8

The ASUS Republic of Gamers Vulcan Pro ANC Active Noise Cancelling Gaming Headset is an absolutely awesome package. It features high powered neodymium magnet drivers to deliver some of the best sound I've ever heard on a gaming headset. Theactive noise cancellation is explained in detail in the video and I also test out man of the gaming mode features by once again, playing Battlefield 3!

Sit back and enjoy the video and if you have any questions about the headset, don't hesitate to contact me personally on our Facebook or Twitter. All the links are below!

The ROG Vulcan Pro Headset: http://www.asus.com/Peripherals_Accessories/HeadphonesHeadset/Vulcan_PRO/

ROG Australia Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ausrog

ASUS Twitter: https://twitter.com/ASUSAU

ASUS ROG G75VW Video: http://youtu.be/wONaeMn66uY?hd=1
12 REPLIES 12

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Justin Bieber :rolleyes: next time...Skrillex...or something better lol 😛

dedaciai
Level 10
Hi Dan,

Nice video! I was wondering does the Vulcan Pro and the regular Vulcan have the same 40mm drivers?

Thanks in advance!
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

dedaciai wrote:
Hi Dan,

Nice video! I was wondering does the Vulcan Pro and the regular Vulcan have the same 40mm drivers?

Thanks in advance!

Indeed they do, the main difference is the Spitfire AMP so people without soundcards still get the full effect.

X-ROG
Level 15
Vulcan Pro PR: http://rog.asus.com/155262012/sound-cards-and-headsets/asus-rog-vulcan-pro-gaming-headset-delivers-g...

ASUS ROG Vulcan PRO Gaming Headset Delivers Game-Winning Focus
Custom-designed for pro-gamers, the new product ships with the exclusive ROG Spitfire USB audio processor and advanced dual noise cancelling technologies

Adding to features offered by the ASUS ROG Vulcan ANC gaming headset, the ASUS ROG Vulcan PRO makes the most of research and development by ROG to deliver pro-gamers the finest audio immersion and supreme precise positioning as needed in LAN parties and tournaments. It includes the ROG Spitfire USB audio processor, and eliminates sonic distractions using both active and passive noise cancellation technologies. Extended gaming comfort is assured using memory foam ear cushions covered with breathable Japanese protein leather and thoughtful touches such as a tough touring case, detachable microphone, and removable cable. Large 40mm neodymium drivers pump out powerful game audio, culminating in the most gamer-dedicated headset on the market.

Better in-game sound with the exclusive portable ROG Spitfire USB audio processor
Following extensive consultation with professional gamers, the ROG team decided to further add to the original ROG Vulcan ANC headset with even better portability and augmented tournament-focused features. The ROG Vulcan PRO therefore adds the ROG Spitfire USB audio processor, which works at the hardware level and requires no driver install. Its design contributes to quicker setup in gaming events, and complies with the most professional venues, which prohibit the installation of additional drivers. The ROG Spitfire is the world’s only hardware digital signal processor in the PC gaming category to offer such driver-free convenience.

Three instant-activation audio enhancement modes
The ROG Spitfire provides gamers with easy-reach access to game-enhancing sound technologies: FPS EQ for better audio positioning in first person shooters, 7.1 virtual surround, and headphone amplifier. Each has a dedicated one-click on/off button, with no need to enter any software interface. FPS EQ has been developed by analyzing the audio characteristics of several leading first person shooters, with advanced sound algorithms built into the hardware to improve equalization and bring out details with better clarity. Gamers can hear opponent movements, gunfire, call-outs, and other auditory cues with better directional precision, contributing to successful play. The 7.1 virtual surround mode presents lifelike and distortion-free in-game surround. Its design optimizes surround effects originally not programmed specifically for games, resulting in more natural and balanced enveloping in-game audio. The ROG Spitfire’s integrated headphone amplifier features ROG engineering that boosts in-game sound detail, and has been tailor-made to match the tonal performance of ROG gaming headsets, as opposed to off-the-shelf headphone amplifiers.

Dual noise cancelling technologies for noise-resistant gameplay
Noise ranks as one of the leading issues for pro-gamers, often causing distractions and leading to the wrong decisions – which in turn lower win ratios. The ROG Vulcan PRO features brushed metal headphone side covers that offer a new style as well as better strength. It offers gamers active and passive noise cancellation, meticulously designed by ROG engineers to ensure improved gaming success and immersion. Active noise cancellation filters out low frequency emitters such as PC fans, with up to 85% of noise blocked. This is the world’s only active noise cancellation technology created specifically for gaming. Additionally, passive noise cancellation isolates up to 30dB of high frequency disruptions such as environmental noise and human voice, two of the main noisemakers in gaming events. That much noise elimination can practically make busy LAN parties library-quiet, so gamers gain better focus whatever their field of play.

Premium materials cater to gamer comfort and portability
ROG designers chose large 40mm neodymium drivers that were fine-tuned and tested by actual gamers. Ultra-soft over-ear cushions utilize highly breathable Japanese protein leather with memory foam, generating greater comfort over prolonged sessions with no ear fatigue. Also acting on community feedback, the ROG Vulcan PRO uses an extended and more flexible microphone boom for easier angle adjustment. Its new unidirectional driver boasts more sensitive voice capture for clearer in-game communication, plus the entire microphone assembly can be detached when not in use to save space and further increase freedom of movement. The ROG Vulcan PRO arrives in a tough touring case for safe and neat mobility as gamers travel to events. It also employs a durable and detachable braided cable, enabling easy wire management and eliminating unsightly entanglements.

I realise that this is 'just out' ... but I don't need to wait for any more reviews - I'm sold.

Trouble is - nobody seems to have them yet.

Any idea when they will actually be available?

Scotty wrote:
I realise that this is 'just out' ... but I don't need to wait for any more reviews - I'm sold.

Trouble is - nobody seems to have them yet.

Any idea when they will actually be available?

According to info on the Youtube page, supposed to be out in a couple weeks 🙂

dedaciai
Level 10
Thanks for the answer, Dan!
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Enermax 1350W PSU

dedaciai
Level 10
I am also really looking forward to getting this headset to go with my now very nice working Phoebus! I am hoping these set of cans sound as good or better than the Orion Pro that is coming out later this year as I am debating on which set to get.
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Enermax 1350W PSU

I followed this right up until he said there great for listening to Justin teenybopper then I had to go off and gag somewhere. I lost my interest.