cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sabertooth P67 to Maximus V Formula Motherboard

r_sabillo
Level 7
August 10, 2012 i bought asus sabertooth p67 sandy bridge motherboard for my new build! then i buy intel core i7 ivy bridge 3770 processor, i already have ddr3 dram. when i build my pc i can't get it to post. maybe the motherboard and the processor is not compatible! so in august 20 i decided to buy maximus V formula, when i received my motherboard i'm excited to assemble my rig and it works very very smooth! I want to know if there is an issue with my sabertooth or its just incompatible! any help will be greatly appreciated. because i'm planning to buy a 2nd gen processors just for the sabertooth and sale it online! thank you so much.
20 REPLIES 20

PlaneName
Level 10
Yes the SABERTOOTH P67 should work with the i7-3770k make sure to update your BIOS on that motherboard so the CPU can be supported. If you did it already and still haven't fix the problem, can you tell more about the error you have with the i7-3770k and the SABERTOOTH P67?
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

i can't update the bios because i cant get it to post! i have a looping error when i start the motherboard for 3 sec. it restarting all over again.

r_sabillo wrote:
i can't update the bios because i cant get it to post! i have a looping error when i start the motherboard for 3 sec. it restarting all over again.

Try clearing CMOS on the motherboard. Also can you tell what PSU and memory (specific name) your using?

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshooting/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Sabertooth%20P67&p=1&s=39&os=&has...
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00

I have a Acbel 900watts PSU core i7 3770 CPU, Corsair vengeance 8G of ram, but when i change my motherboard with maximus V it works fine i'm planning to buy 2nd gen processor just for that saberotth motherboard.

r_sabillo wrote:
I have a Acbel 900watts PSU core i7 3770 CPU, Corsair vengeance 8G of ram, but when i change my motherboard with maximus V it works fine i'm planning to buy 2nd gen processor just for that saberotth motherboard.

That's nice!. If the problem still exists when purchasing the 2nd gen processor by placing it on the sabertooth motherboard, the motherboard could be DOA. If you still have warranty you can send it back. Oh, did you findout what BIOS version you have?

As HiVizMan mentioned:
HiVizMan wrote:
Your board will have a white sticker that list the shipping BIOS. It is the last four numbers on the sticker.

my sabertooth bios is 1801

btw i have a gtx 560ti graphics card and a gtx 460 dedicated physx card, soon i'm planning to buy another gtx560ti for sli.

i'm planning to buy another gtx 560ti to have sli and another lower card for dedicated physx card any suggestion and recommendation will be great.

r_sabillo wrote:
i'm planning to buy 2nd gen processor just for that saberotth motherboard.

That may be the your answer! The 2nd gen core i7 CPU (Sandy Bridge)... with that you will be able (hopefully) to boot and upgrade the BIOS... - then the Sabertooth will run with the 3770k too... 🙂

r_sabillo wrote:

Trade you an i7 2600K for that i7 3770 CPU straight across, mate? I'm looking for a 3rd gen processor.
A Republic of Gamers heart.

The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.