cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW-AS71 laptop doesn't completely power on anymore

Radish
Level 7
I've had this laptop for about 2-3 weeks.

Last night, I turned it off for a few hours, but it wouldn't turn back on. When I pressed the power button, the power button lit up and two of the status indicators lit up, but the screen and keyboard did absolutely nothing. The two status indicator lights were the leftmost and rightmost ones. If the battery was in and charger was in, the status indicator light for battery was not lit. I tried powering it on with battery, with battery and charger, and without battery.

It makes the noise it usually does when it first starts up, but it would then quiet down. Pressing and holding the power button does nothing. The only way I could get it to turn off was to take out the battery and the power supply.

I left it on battery until it powered off, and then plugged the charger in again. Finally, the battery status indicator lights up. But the same problems still persist.

Is there any way to fix it? Or should I just return it?
1 REPLY 1

dstrakele
Level 14
Take your defective laotop back to the retailer and exchange it for a new unit or a complete refund. Don't let anyone talk you into an RMA to ASUS for Warranty repair.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT