cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about G55VW-S1131V resolution

keiiiii
Level 7
Hi guys. I'm looking to buy my first gaming notebook and I'm interested in this Asus G55VW-S1131V. I want a notebook that has a full HD display (1920x1080). After researching about it on the internet I found this model that I can afford which sadly only displays HD and not full HD. However, while scouting at a nearby mall I saw a retailer selling this exact same model stating that it is indeed a full HD (1920x1080) notebook in its magazine. So my question is, is this G55VW-S1131V model a full HD or just a HD display notebook. Could the retailer have made some printing errors? Help please 😞

13 REPLIES 13

c_man
Level 11
It seems like in your country this model in several shops has specs with HD screen. You need to test it to be sure. I had no idea there was a G55 with HD panel. We don't have those.

keiiiii, there are 2 models of G55VW in malaysia, the G55VW-S1131V is Full HD; another model is 3D but non FHD
also, currently both have no thunderbolt yet

rewben
Level 13
@keiiiii, i don't think there is any g55 model with fhd that is available in malaysia. this is from c-zone:

G55VW - S1131V - 15”
Rm 3, 899 - Win 7 HP
Intel Core i7 3610M
4GB DDR3 Memory
1TB 5400-rpm hard drive
Nvidia GeForce GT660 - 2GB

G55VW - IX044V - 3D
Rm 4, 999 - Win 7 HP
Intel Core i7 3610M
8GB DDR3 Memory
1TB 5400-rpm hard drive
Nvidia GeForce GT660 - 2GB

G75VW - 9108V - 3D - 17"
Rm 5, 899 - Win 7 HP
Intel Core i7 3610M
8GB DDR3 Memory
1TB 5400-rpm hard drive
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 - 3GB

mine is G55VW - IX044V - 3D, and the max i can go is 1366 x 768 with the display panel. you better test it first.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
Is that price in $ or something else, cos if it is US $ then you could get the new G75VW series for less than that price rather than the G55, as the G75VW-**** will have full HD and some Models have 3D screen and Glasses depending on the exact model.

rewben
Level 13
@Bundy_Drop_Bear, no the currency is malaysia ringgit.

the brochures in malaysia are rather funny; most of the time they put the wrong information in. previously when i bought mine they told me the ram was 1333mhz, so i bought a pair of 4gb from them. i did tell them about the specifications i found from asus website, but they told me other wise.

by that time i didn't even know what hwinfo can do for me hehe

Thanks for the answers guys. I guess the only way to be sure is to go to the store and check it out myself. Hopefully they have some ready stocks there for me to see. Oh another question I have is, is Thunderbolt worth the wait? Since models with Thunderbolt is not out in Malaysia yet. And when the models with Thunderbolts arrive will there be a price increase for it?

rewben
Level 13
@keiiiii, about the thunderbolt, you should probably ask yourself about that. for me thunderbolt is an overkill and expensive.

@rewben, well I think I probably wouldn't use it much anyway but if I just have to wait a little longer and the models that come with it will be similarly priced like now then I wouldn't mind waiting for it. But since you say its expensive I'm assuming that they will increase the price of the notebooks with Thunderbolt?

rewben
Level 13
@keiiiii, no i am not talking about the price of the notebooks, i don't know how much they will sell the ones with thunderbolt.

i am talking about the price tags of thunderbolt-based accessories.