ROG Member Array

Asus ROG GX900 mouse problem

Guys,

I got asus g74sx and with it came an asus ROG GX900 mouse. The problem i am having now is that the ROG mouse is behaving oddly and driving me crazy. The cursor keep jumping left right up and down at random even when you are not touching the mouse at all. I tried updating the atk files, synaptic touch pad driver (which seem to temporarily fix the problem) and also updated the bios. However the external mouse is driving me nuts. Please let me know if u guys got any suggestion or solution to fix this mess.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array PILGRIM's Avatar

Try to download the GX900 driver here: http://www.asus.com/Peripherals_Acce...X900/#download
    (if you haven't done it yet).
    ASUS G74SX-3DE

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

I suggest you go into mouse settings, the sensitivity/speed settings may be way too high.
    Even though you say you are not touching the mouse, gaming mice are very sensitive to the
    slightest input .. such as fan vibration or the least little bump of the desktop when too high.
    Some have a locking/unlocking wheel .. secure that unless scrolling...ect.

see if this helps ..

edit: same time post, didnt mean to sound like i step'd over
    brotherPilgrim to say above .. yes indeed, when there is a specific driver.,try that.first.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 08-26-2012 at 03:21 PM.

ROG Member Array

i have downloaded the driver but i am not sure if the driver is installed correctly as it is stated as HID compliant mouse. Should the device manager say something like ASUS GX900 instead? I am really screwed up now . I even got 1 missing driver on my device manager that nothing can identify. Not even drivermax. I am totally lost now. Let me know if there is any way to check what driver that is missing.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

What is the name of the device that indicates a driver not installed in your Device Manager?
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Member Array

it is an unknown device thats all. I tried to read from driver details but it also didnt give anything. It only give me an error message " no driver files required or loaded for this device' .

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array PILGRIM's Avatar

I have the ASUS GX850, and it's also registered in Device Manager as HID-compliant mouse.
    Though it has a driver update available, I haven't updated it for the reason that it's working well.

Did that "unknown device" appeared only after you installed the mouse driver?
    Would it be gone if you uninstalled the mouse driver?

If you've checked on chrsplmr's suggestion, any changes so far with your mouse's behavior?
    ASUS G74SX-3DE

ROG Member Array

i have tried it. However i am not sure if the mouse is even installed properly. I dont know since when did the missing driver appeared but even if i delete the driver and rescan without connecting the mouse it is still detected. This is driving me crazy. Do any of you know how to install the mouse driver manually? I cant find the driver anywhere.