cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus V Formula FAN MOSFET BURN

govind997
Level 7
Hi Members,

Could you please help me to identify the below marked IC on the board Maximus V formula. I saw some black fumes and foul smell coming from the IC, but the board is working fine. Is it okay to work in this condition. What is the use of this IC?
5 REPLIES 5

Zka17
Level 16
Maybe, that IC controls the the fan header on it's side? Do you have a fan connected there?

Shamino
its for the fan right beside it. did you short something on the header or use some crazy fan on the header? you can run it fine though , ot be safe then you can just not use that header and the fet can affect nothing.

Shamino wrote:
its for the fan right beside it. did you short something on the header or use some crazy fan on the header? you can run it fine though , ot be safe then you can just not use that header and the fet can affect nothing.

Many thanks for the reply...the person who assembled my system may have done something wrong while connecting the front fan of CM HAF 922...instead of using the original connector he used some kind of splitter

govind997 wrote:
Many thanks for the reply...the person who assembled my system may have done something wrong while connecting the front fan of CM HAF 922...instead of using the original connector he used some kind of splitter

Possibly over-current then. Not a good idea to use splitters without checking the power draw of the fans first and making sure it is less than 1 amp combined.

TL
Level 7
It happens to me once when my fan header pins shorted:cool: