cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it a good idea to buy a G75?

sc27
Level 7
I'm thinking of buying a G75VW-RS72 from tigerdirect but I've read some threads on this forum and they seem to be filled with horror stories about this computer. I was really set on this computer before I found this forum but now I'm unsure. On other sites, this computer is getting generally good reviews. I'm confused if I should be buying this or not with all of the potential problems which could arise. And should I buy extra warranty if I buy this?
21 REPLIES 21

Holy
Level 7
people only come find the forums if they have problems normally.

also is there a specific reason why you want to go with tigerdirect?
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

mrwolf
Level 10
Yea exactly, alot of people come on the forums because they have issues.. I guess regular users don't always have the need to come onto the forums n just.. chat.. lol

Either way, i recommend you get it with warranty, and when it arrives do a good amount of testing and if you have any issues you can always send it back 🙂 and get a new one which shouldnt have any problems. im sure there are soooo many people with this laptop that have no problems and you'll never see them here on the forums..

ASI-Fox7
Level 9
The only issue I've had with this laptop was with the webcam, taking that out of account, it's an amazing machine (Once a SSD is put it lol). This is my second ASUS laptop, my first was the G51VX and I loved it. All in all, it's worth it.
• ASUS G75VW (120SSD/16GB Ram/2TB Slave/Upgraded Intel WiFi/Bluetooth Card) •

Sticky Threads:
1) OOB Computer Improvements

FIRST IN! LAST OUT! (101st PATHFINDER DET)

I have the exact model but bought from canadacomputers. Its amazing. I love it. ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES!! Its amazing.Its worth the money!

also is there a specific reason why you want to go with tigerdirect?

Bestbuy and Futureshop don't have a cheaper end model with specs I like, and Tigerdirect is the most reputable retailer I know aside from those. And I don't like buying expensive stuff such as this online.

The only issue I've had with this laptop was with the webcam

What was the issue with the webcam?

eeptsmi and

Huh?

And thanks for the reassurement guys 🙂

I got my G75 DS72 on Amazon.com fast delivery no hassles good return policy 30 days
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
I got my G75 DS72 on Amazon.com fast delivery no hassles good return policy 30 days

Awesome! That computer is really sweet. 🙂 Do a little gaming? 😉
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

kiba
Level 10
hehe, every once in a while i try and make a post about how much i love my ROG laptops. just to combat some of the negativity.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

Jsl1ce wrote:
hehe, every once in a while i try and make a post about how much i love my ROG laptops. just to combat some of the negativity.

2nd that! not enough people with awesome computer(s) [I have one, @Jsl1ce seems to have three...] stay around on this forum. We need people who do so that prospective buyers aren't turned off by the number of trouble-shooting threads.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23