cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "Mod Men" Web Series

MonsterMawd
Level 12
Hey guys, I was encouraged by Asus to introduce you to the MOD MEN series, a cool PC Modding series I hosted this year. In a nutshell, MOD MEN is like a cross between AMERICAN CHOPPER and THIS OLD HOUSE.

Over 5 episodes, my crew at Mnpctech builds a water-cooled PC from scratch. Along the way I supply viewers with modding tips and tricks, product reviews, and industry perspectives. MOD MEN has received tremendous response from viewers around the globe – computer geeks and technology aficionados alike.

Early episodes focus on design of the MOD MEN custom build, and milling the main structure from a 2-inch thick block of acrylic – not your usual PC material! We also get our first visit from "Cheapskate," one of our more eccentric Mod Men that communicates best by hacking into our signal from parts unknown and supplying advice when least expected. Never fear though, I keeps things on track as progress continues – painting with Brad, fabricating the custom cooling system with Randy, testing and fitting; and finally the grand unveiling in Episode 5!

While the MOD MEN custom PC build is out of this world and not for the faint of heart, every episode also includes basic tips and tricks that any viewer can do at home – including painting techniques and other practical guidelines. And for those on the lookout for cool new PC products, I offer reviews and guidance to help the potential shopper!

I think you'll get a kick out of MOD MEN and invite you to screen the trailer and episodes below. Enjoy!

MOD MEN Trailer

Episodes 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5
10 REPLIES 10

pcjunkie209
Level 9
Nice. I have checked your vids out recently.
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

Retired
Not applicable
love the season!

xeromist
Dang, I always seem to see posts about Mod Men when I'm at the office where it's blocked.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks for watching guys! whoops, sorry xeromist!

Here is the custom HTPC from the “Mod Men” web series. We imagined what if “Frank Lloyd Wright made home for The Jetsons?”

CONSTRUCTION:
Tower: 2″ thick cast clear acrylic (cnc milled)
Tower Sides: 1/8″ thick blue & UV green transparent cast acrylic (cnc milled)
Base for PSU: 2″ thick cast clear acrylic (cnc milled)
Optical drive shell: 2″ thick cast clear acrylic (cnc milled)
Optical drive cover” 3/16″ thick billet aluminum with fins
Front Plates: 1/4″ thick blue transparent cast acrylic and 3/16″ thick billet (cnc milled)
Rear PSU Mounting: 1″ billet aluminum
MB stand-offs: billet aluminum
Power switch: 22mm “Bulgin” Blue Ring Momentary

SYSTEM SPECS:
Motherboard = ZOTAC H55 ITX 1156
CPU = Intel Core i7-870 Lynnfield 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core
GPU = ZOTAC 470 GTX
SSD: Mushkin Callisto 64GB
PSU: Silverstone 600W

COOLING SPECS:
CPU = Custom “involuted spiral” copper water block and top (designed by Cheapskate and Randy)
GPU Cooling = EK-FC470 GTX water block (would have made our own, if time allowed)
Radiator: Hardware Labs 360 GT Stealth
Pump = MCP350
Tygon 3603 3/8″ ID (1/2″ OD) clear tubing
EK PSC fittings, except for water block top (EK hi-flo)

xeromist
Not your fault. My IT department is just jealous, that's all 😄
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

pcjunkie209
Level 9
Very nice!! Can I have it?? Very unique. 🙂
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

haha, shes purring along nicely in the workshop

Mod Men PC made cover of CPU Magazine 🙂 You can read entire digital issue, here

xeromist
I finally got the series watched! That's actually saying a lot because I still haven't finished several TV series and I have Reservoir Dogs waiting from netflix 😄

Good stuff! I like the format of the show and your post is excellent, especially for a web series.

I wonder how those screws would look as blue anodized, btw?