cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Captcha" Is it just me or

Feralhog
Level 9
is this site's "Captcha" program darn near impossible to decipher? I have to refresh it many times just to see something I can make out. If this makes it through I "guessed correctly".
Feralhog

Asus G72, Asus G-75, Asus Essentio CG5290
15 REPLIES 15

Nackers
Level 15
Their a pain sometimes, after 5 days and 5 post you wont have to use them..

Nackers wrote:
Their a pain sometimes, after 5 days and 5 post you wont have to use them..

is that right? I'm still getting these. Guess it hasn't been 5 days yet?

I have the hardest time with these things.

I joined 11/24. It's 11/30. Maybe tomorrow?

Retired
Not applicable
they should call em "gonuts"

They can set the level of difficulty..

cl-scott
Level 12
And yet we still manage to have enough of a problem with automated spam bots to keep the mod team busy all day long. As soon as someone comes up with a method that only humans can complete, and doesn't take more than a couple of seconds, I'm sure it will be implemented here as soon as possible. Until then, sorry, but the alternative would be worse.

Retired
Not applicable
Yes, it must be a real royal pain in the a## to be a spammer..

Captcha 24/7, whoo, seems like fun.. where do i sign up... ehhh

cl-scott
Level 12
They have some kind of an automated process to do it, or they have an absolute army of smurfs creating accounts and posting things.

Gorman
Level 12
You could at least remove the capatcha for people who are VIP.

Of course, there could be bots set up to buy ASUS products then register accounts and spam - but if that happens, do you really care?..

Retired
Not applicable
Mm, i have close to 1800 post now, and thats 1800 times having to do a captcha..

Feralhog
Level 9
I don't mind having to enter the words. It's not being able to read the words that bothers me. Sometimes, half the phrase is just symbols like it has been cropped incorrectly by the Captcha software. Oh well.....loving that refresh button......
Feralhog

Asus G72, Asus G-75, Asus Essentio CG5290