Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Question to 7970 DC2 Owners

Hello.
    How far exceed PCB and cooler of the HD7970-3GD5-DC2T over the top of the slot bracket?

Unfortunately I can't see from the specifications from where the height of the card is measured.
    I ask because I would like to block this card in a Lian-Li V354 housing on my Maximus V gene and above the slot panels have only a maximum of 2.8 cm (1.1 inch) square.

Please excuse my poor English.

Regards Alexandra

Hallo.
    Wie weit ragen PCB und Kühler einer HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 über die Oberkante der Slotblende hinaus?

Aus den Spezifikationen kann ich leider nicht entnehmen ab wo genau die Höhe der Karte gemessen wird.
    Ich frage weil ich diese Karte gern in einem Lian-Li V354 Gehäuse auf meinem Maximus-V-Gene verbauen möchte und oberhalb der Slotblenden nur maximal 2,8 cm Platz habe.

MfG Alexandra

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array lenehan's Avatar

The length of HD7970-3GD5-DC2T. hope it help.

11 " x 5.1 " x 2.1 " Inch
    Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

ROG Member Array

Sorry, doesn't help but thx.
    The 5.1 inches are what is important to me.
    But i don't know from where on this is measured.
    It is certainly not the lower end of the slotbracket.

I try to illustrate my question with a picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dc2t.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	11215
    Last edited by Alexandra75; 08-28-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    Death is a master from Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra75 View Post
    Sorry, doesn't help but thx.
    The 5.1 inches are what is important to me.
    But i don't know from where on this is measured.
    It is certainly not the lower end of the slotbracket.

I try to illustrate my question with a picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dc2t.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	11215
    Ignore the bracket. The 5.1 inch measure from top to bottom of the card.
    Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

ROG Member Array

Including the pcie-interface-part oft the pcb or without it?
    Starting wit the pcb on the bracket-side of the card (which reaches "lower") or the backside?

This is still not clear to me.

PCIe connection included. But just for your info the card power connector is on top of the card. So you may have trouble with the Lian Li case.

ROG Member Array

Ok, thanks.
    If the 5.1 inch include the pcie connector the card should fit. :-)
    Could anybody else please confirm this?
    400€ for the card are a bit too much just to see that it yet doesn't fit when i bought it because oft the psu beside the card .

The power-connectors should be no problem. Their position is far behind the psu.
    Last edited by Alexandra75; 08-28-2012 at 11:55 AM.

This video give you some answer to your question.

ROG Enthusiast Array

To better answer you, the card sits just a little over the PCI-e slot on the board, on a RIVE the card is flush against the DRAM sockets, it then extends 2 more PCI lanes or in other words, as specified, takes 3 slots worth of room. Should fit in LianLi case, however beware your motherboard because the if the top sits right on the bottom of your DRAM slots against it the bottom clips may interfere with the card, hence why ASUS made the RIVE without bottom clips. Of course that only applies to boards ith vertical slots like the RIVE.

EDIT: the card is the length of EATX board, a little bit more in fact (only a few millimeter.)
    My Rig:
    Rampage 4 Extreme BF3/Dead 3960X thanks 2 RIVE/16GB (4x4GB) G.Skill RipjawsZ CL9 PC19200 2400Mhz/ASUS HD7970 DCU2T No longer Xfired - 1 card dead n never really worked/Threw away my Phoebus/Thermaltake Toughpower 1500W PSU/480GB Intel 520 Series SSD/2TB WD Black Caviar HDD -- All in Thermaltake Level 10 GT LCS (BigWater 850GT LCS) Chassis with all the bells and whistles. Peripherals: Vulcan ANC, Logitech G-19 K/Brd, Logitech G700 Mouse.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

i have 2 of them, and alot of people on here will agree with me on this when i say it.

DO NOT BUY THAT CARD,

ive doen more support on here that ANY Asus tech int he whole company has done for member here, i should have been given a paid job for starters and also a letter of thanks and also sorry our asus GPU's suck. but nothing.

great card when it works but it only works 20% of the time sorry to say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast