cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dire SItuation Windows start fail/Crash

Vizard
Level 7
i am in a very desperate place right now today i put my computer to sleep forgetting i had a game running so i opened the screen and pressed the power button then it asked me to resume or delete the save i accidentally hit delete the save cause i as multitasking and not paying attention now every time i start my comp normally i get a blue screen saying stuff about bios and memory and only can get my computer to run is safemode im currently in safe mode with networking i even factory restored my computer thinking it would fix it but it didn't what do i do >_<

when u close your comp it saves or whatever and it allows you to resume everything has something to do with that

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88000E68946
BCP3: FFFFF88003D704D8
BCP4: FFFFF88003D6FD30
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\082712-22245-01.dmp
C:\Users\Austin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-53040-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

this is a pic with a program called bluescreen veiwer
39 REPLIES 39

dstrakele
Level 14
Choosing "Delete" on a failed resume from hibernation normally should not cause any problems. It's a typical way to recover from a failed resume.

From what I've read in other posts from users experiencing STOP 0x1000007e BSOD's, it can result from bad memory or a faulty driver. In your case, the 1st parameter indicates a memory access violation occurred. Since you still get this BSOD after an ASUS Factory Restore, I'd suspect bad memory and recommend running memtest86+ to see if you get any memory errors.

However, you CAN boot successfully into Safe Mode, which may indicate a 3rd party driver is responsible for the BSOD. The Sentelic touchpad driver, fspad_win764.sys, is listed in your BlueScreenView screenshot. Still. the shipped version of this driver (or even the more recent versions) should not be causing any problems. Did you install anything after performing the ASUS Factory Restore? If so, what was it?

You could eliminate fspad_win764.sys by uninstalling the "Finger Sensing Pad" from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program" and REBOOT to install the Windows 7 Plug-N-Play touchpad driver. Problems with the Sentelic touchpad on G74SX and G73 systems are well known, but I've not read of BSOD issues, just erratic cursor movement being the problem. Which ASUS laptop model do you own?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

im using a g74sx Laptop and i was just updating my drivers etc it happened right after i hit the delete resume thing

dstrakele
Level 14
I read that - but you said you did an ASUS Factory Restore after that, correct? Did you install anything after the ASUS Factory Restore? If you didn't, it's more likely you have a bad memory chip as the ASUS Factory Restore would've completely overwritten your Windows 7 installation with a known good OS instance.

^_^" yes alot but i have restored before and have installed the exact same stuff well 90% the same and i just randomly got it to boot up like normal ive gotten it to do it once earlyer r and it gives me the message finger sennse pad drive was installed i was thinking would a windows image i made before this problem fix it?

im sorry about the spelling and everything ive been up all night stressing this

dstrakele
Level 14
I guess my question is "Do you get a STOP 0x1000007e BSOD on startup immediately after performing an ASUS Factory Restore - without installing anything else?

If you are not dealing with a hardware issue, restoring a known, stable Windows System Image should resolve the issue.

no i didn't i installed windows updates that went fine then just started doing the drivers and my programs got the drivers from the Asus site i even restored my comp to an earlier time and it didn't change anything

dstrakele
Level 14
When you perform an ASUS Factory Restore, it installs the ASUS drivers that originally shipped with the system. So you perform an ASUS Factory Restore, add the recent Windows Updates, and your system is stable, correct? You can start it normally and do not get a BSOD?

as far as i know it installed correct
on this site i downloaded the audio driver , touchpadriver and usb stuff and i unistalled alot of the stuff the factory put on my comp i also installed an Ethernet driver gameboster suggested ive downloaded it befor with no problems oh and i also installed the newest Nvidia driver for 560m

the thing is its not letting me restore its not detecting the image on my usb drive is it because its name is
WindowsImageBackup1 and its also not leting me copy it to my computer

and is there a different touch padriver i can use because i need a mouse pad for a game i play

dstrakele
Level 14
So it sounds like your system is stable after the ASUS Factory Restore, and after the Windows Updates. Where you run into trouble with the BSOD is when you start updating drivers or uninstalling ASUS Bloatware apps, is that correct?