cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55VW Bluescreen

Kjetil
Level 7
For the last three days my G55 has been bluescreening a lot. At first I thought it was because I didn't have enough HDD space, but even after a system restore I'm still getting bluescreens all the time.
Do I have to send it in for repairs, or is there anything I can do?
11 REPLIES 11

rewben
Level 13
can you snap a shot of your blue screen and share with us? is there anything peculiar in your event log?

I'll get a shot when I can. The only errors I found in the event log say: "The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section." Can this have anything to do with the bluescreens?

I'm having trouble getting a shot of the bluescreen, but it did say something like this "IRQL_not_less_or_equal". Does this help at all?

rewben
Level 13
hehe, it's not that helpful yet.

this "irql not less or equal" error might be triggered by a number of different things (drivers, hardware issues etc.). normally there will be other hints in the rest of the message. try get a snap shot with a camera or phone, and post it here.

Not the best quality, but readable at least. I've gotten a few different screens, will try to get a shot of the IRQL one if I can.

sorry, there's still too little information for us to help you. i am assuming that you're running the stock win7 home premium 64bit with SP1, and you have updated your drivers and stuff from asus, including the bios.

it maybe helpful if you could describe what you have done before the bsod started to appear.

except for stuff such as keyboard back lid that cannot be turned on after sleep, and speaker's issue, i think g55 runs without issue (at least mine is like that from day one). i had a few bsod before but it's due to user problems.

dstrakele
Level 14
Did you get BSOD's immediately after the Factory Restore, before you installed other software?

If not, what did you install?

It looks like you have a STOP 0x1e in the photo.and the other is a STOP 0xa. These are rather generic memory corruption BSOD's. Since you still get them after a Factory Restore, I recommend running memtest86+ for at least 3 passes to confirm your memory is sound.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I haven't gotten a bluescreen in two days now, after I updated to BIOS 209. Still, I'd like to run memtest, and seeing as I'm not very good when it comes to PC's, I need some help running it. I've downloaded the installer and put the program on a USB stick, but I can't figure out how to boot from it.

rewben
Level 13
press the esc key several times during boot, when the menu pops up, select your usb disk to continue.

please follow dstrakele's advice and run memtest for at least 3 complete cycles. it will take a while, please be patient.