Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

FPS on the g series?

I wanna know what fps people are getting with the g75/55. What are you guys getting on like Mass Effect, Minecraft, Skyrim and Arkham City? Especially with the new nvidia drivers for the gtx 660/670.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

How do you get the right number?

ROG Enthusiast Array

I haven't been able to pull more than 50fps on any game. Even older ones like Company of Heroes and Bioshock.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by AlanMcKinnon View Post
    I haven't been able to pull more than 50fps on any game. Even older ones like Company of Heroes and Bioshock.
    You sure? What drivers and graphics card are you using? I also think boosting to high performance mode may help.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I play many of the latest games I tell you which ones, Alan Wake, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Assassins Creed Revelations, Crysis 2, Dirt Showdown, Need 4 Speed ​​The Run, Battlefield 3, Spec Ops The Line, in Alan Wake with a configuration between medium / high 2x AA, play between 30 and 40 fps, assasins creed series with all options maximized 4x AA was always between 40/50 fps, crysis 2 directx 11 with extreme settings between 30/45 fps, nfs has a top of 30 fps ultra settings, dirt higth settings 2xAA between 30/45, b3 with settings between high / ultra 2x AA played between 30/35, specs ops the line between 40/60 very hight settings, and lately games like transformers FOC reached 60 fps, with highest settings, sleeping dogs in maximum except for AA reached between 35/45, note that in some cases I play with oc in gpu (750/1670), maximum temperature of 70 ° C, I hope this contribution! greetings!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork25 View Post
    You sure? What drivers and graphics card are you using? I also think boosting to high performance mode may help.
    I'm sure. I'm using the GeForce GTX 670M with the latest 306.something driver installed. And I'm in high performance.

The weirdest thing is that the FPS is almost totally unaffected by any changes I make to the 3D settings in the nVidia Control Panel.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

You should be able to Max out Mass Effect and Minecraft easily at FullHD res. Skyrim you can High/Very High depending on the texture/AA/AF settings and mods you use. If you use the super-high-res texture packs and several mods, then generally you have to turn other bits down a few notches. I haven't tested Arkham but it's UE3 like ME so I would assume not much different, except for PhysX effects and Ambient Occlusion, which really hammers the GPU.

ROG Member Array

OK thanks guys! This is a really helpful forum!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Aa

I do 16xaa on counterstrike go I get 50+ fps.. Why do u guys do 2 or 4x AA?

ROG Member Array

G75VW-TS72

Minecraft- FPS ~1000 at max settings, cap to 60 in game

Mass Effect (All 3)- run perfectly, max setting, at 60fps (Capped)

Skyrim- (Everything at Ultra/Highest possible) Normally around 60, some dips to mid-40s and often slightly higher than 60 (Measured using FRAPS)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast