Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: G53 3 time RMA

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

This is where I usually say M-A-S-O-N !!! but ... have you PM'd cl-scott ??? Is there anything he can do ??

This is sickening .. as already stated .. there are no words left .. Asus. What the Dell ???

** cl-scott++ ..ur ROG is show'n... and noted.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 10-16-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Because I couldn't give cl-scott more Rep below.

No Longer Works at ASUS Array

Unfortunately, if he's already initiated a BBB complaint, I'm not allowed to touch it anymore. Anytime the BBB or a lawsuit is involved, it gets handed off to someone else, and I am probably pushing things a little just posting this. If OP wanted to retract the BBB complaint, I could probably kind of skirt the rules saying technically there wasn't a BBB complaint anymore, but that has to be the OP's call.

PM @cl-scott, @Mason left and may not have been able to hand off everything to his replacement. Hope you get better results from him.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    This is a family forum Gorman ... hahahaha .. send a PM. (If you would tell'm what I would tell'm..haha>>>door.)
    (scott .. climb over on our side of the fence bro .. Welcome.).c.
    When I PM they just say "sorry we can't help"...

Quote Originally Posted by cl-scott View Post
    Unfortunately, if he's already initiated a BBB complaint, I'm not allowed to touch it anymore. Anytime the BBB or a lawsuit is involved, it gets handed off to someone else, and I am probably pushing things a little just posting this. If OP wanted to retract the BBB complaint, I could probably kind of skirt the rules saying technically there wasn't a BBB complaint anymore, but that has to be the OP's call.
    What is a BBB complaint and how does one start one?

brotherGorman .. You know why .. pesky international trade laws .. it shouldn't be, but it is.
    ... and bad Asus policy.imho (ROG is Global and in my view, borderless .. )

BBB ??? Extortionists.imho.
    I worked for them for 1week .. took me a month to wash the stank from my mouth.
    Dues so they Don't ... better sign up right away.
    The first time I read the sales pitch I thought they were kidding, then the manager
    started bragging how much money we were going to make .. and how businesses
    really had no choice, because if they didnt join and there was a call ... blah blah blah

Thats when I started working for the Sanctuary .. I knocked 5miles, both sides of
    RT.41, Ft.Myers businesses to feed those animals .. the BBB declined to participate .. so
    I commissioned a huge sign for the Sanctuary fence (reserved usually for high dollar sponsors)
    saying so ... hahahhahaa .. put it right on the front corner (first view of the fence)
    ... as far as I know, they are still sponsors today ..hahaha .. I learned 'that' from 'them'.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 10-16-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    BBB ??? Extortionists.imho.
    I worked for them for 1week .. took me a month to wash the stank from my mouth.
    Dues so they Don't ... better sign up right away.
    The first time I read the sales pitch I thought they were kidding, then the manager
    started bragging how much money we were going to make .. and how businesses
    really had no choice, because if they didnt join and there was a call ... blah blah blah

Thats when I started working for the Sanctuary .. I knocked 5miles, both sides of
    RT.41, Ft.Myers businesses to feed those animals .. the BBB declined to participate .. so
    I commissioned a huge sign for the Sanctuary fence (reserved usually for high dollar sponsors)
    saying so ... hahahhahaa .. put it right on the front corner (first view of the fence)
    ... as far as I know, they are still sponsors today ..hahaha .. I learned 'that' from 'them'.c.
    What is it though?

ASUS isn't fixing the problem, so it's pretty obvious we need to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
    What is it though?

ASUS isn't fixing the problem, so it's pretty obvious we need to do something.
    ++for this question. Sounds like the title of a Great Thread .. could be.
    How can Asus improve RMA's ??? .. besides a little QC.c.

ROG Enthusiast Array

The power pin hasn't failed yet on my G53, but it's about to be serviced by RMA for another issue. Is it possible to get them to swap out the relevant part now rather than wait until it fails and have to suffer the lost time and expense of sending it back again? I've asked the RMA dept but they have been unresponsive.

I'm not asking for them to fix it under warranty, I would expect to pay to have it replaced, but if they don't need to swap out the entire motherboard I expect it would be far cheaper to do it while the unit's already in for service.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I wouldn't. I had my G73 Pin fixed.... 2 years ago? It hasn't failed since. And honestly, to dig into one of these rigs and fix them isn't that difficult. It would be good experience for when your rig is not under warranty anymore to learn this.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by TeRmInAsHuNaToR View Post
    I wouldn't. I had my G73 Pin fixed.... 2 years ago? It hasn't failed since. And honestly, to dig into one of these rigs and fix them isn't that difficult. It would be good experience for when your rig is not under warranty anymore to learn this.
    My understanding is that replacing the connector (without swapping out the motherboard) requires soldering, which I have no practice doing. I might be misinformed however.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast