Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: G53 3 time RMA

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

This Thread has run AMuck... haha .. so sorry OP. .. how U do'n ?

.. Nov. 6th... im taping my fingers shut, NOW.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 08-30-2012 at 05:36 PM.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

You told the OP to PM Mason@ASUS. Mason is the ONLY person who can help when you have a problem RMA situation. Fortunately, he's very successful at it, so ultimately, the OP should be OK.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

No Longer Works at ASUS Array

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    You told the OP to PM Mason@ASUS. Mason is the ONLY person who can help when you have a problem RMA situation. Fortunately, he's very successful at it, so ultimately, the OP should be OK.
    By the time the OP made this thread, the unit had already shipped from the repair center. Beyond that, IIRC, the part needed was on back order for a time. If you don't have the part, you don't have the part, not a lot anyone can do about that.

And for anyone who thinks that is bad, never go to work for any place that repairs Apple computers. They will let orders just sit for several days, then cancel them on you. If you're lucky they will send you a form letter with a generic reason selected for why your order is being canceled. But they won't do anything logical like send it to the person who created the repair, they'll send it to one of the account admins. I developed a good working relationship with a lot of the people in one of Apple's administrative centers, so they'd tell me what was going on off the record, but officially you were lucky to get one of those generic form letters with a non-descript and completely useless reason for why the order was canceled. Even better, was that the way Apple scores their sliding scale for labor payouts, the repair shop gets penalized when Apple doesn't have any parts in stock. You would have to go and beg the administrative people for an exemption on that repair, and of course Apple keeps track of every time you ask for one of those exemptions, and it factors into whether or not they'll grant one next time around. So they screw up, and it's the repair shop that gets to not only deal with the customer screaming about how long it's taking, but then you get shafted on your labor reimbursements for the following month.

Mr. Billings sits right in front of Mason .. and has semi-basically the same job .. as I understand
    it..

.. may I ever so humbly and with all due respect suggest ..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	appleROG.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	11267

... hahhahahha... c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 08-31-2012 at 12:57 AM.

No Longer Works at ASUS Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrsplmr View Post
    Mr. Billings sits right in front of Mason .. and has semi-basically the same job .. as I understand
    it..

I have no issue .. this has been healthful.c.
    Indeed I do, on both counts. So if you ever want something tossed over my shoulder at Mason... You know, for good luck... I'll send you my pricing breakdown in a PM. I think you'll find my rates are very reasonable based on the weight of the object. I also now have someone sitting in front of me, but it's doubtful she'll ever be around here, so you'll have to settle for just me throwing things in Mason's general direction. Although, I could potentially blame her for any objects landing in Mason's area... Hmmmmmm....

... unless you accidently toss 'her' in that direction .. which, you never know, maybe
    Mason and 'she' would both, at that point 'chip in' ... you could be onto something ..

I see you have the same pay scale .. have to sell pencils on the corner during lunch .. yep..
    .. respect the game .. not the gain .. and reduced parking...
    Welcome to Asus .. (sorry Asus.. it had to be laugh'd.)..

She's not from Dell is she ??? (j/k) bro .. really..rof.c.
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 08-31-2012 at 01:11 AM.

...extra $$$$ to blame the new gal in the office? Definitely something to consider... ROFL
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Member Array

Heh, I'll be PMing you cl-Scott, when I finally send mine in for warranty
    G53SX-RH71

15.6" 1920 x 1080 Full HD (16:9) Matte Type Display
    Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor, 2.2 GHz
    IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU
    Memory 12GB, PC3-10600/1333Mhz DDR3 - 3 x 4GB
    Hard Drive 750GB/7200rpm 16MB Cache Buffer SATA-300 (SATA II 3GB/s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M w/2GB GDDR5 295.73

Quote Originally Posted by cl-scott View Post
    So you would rather nothing be done? I have a funny feeling that if the repair center in question were the one you clearly had a bad experience with, you would have a very different view on the matter.
    I have read many threads about people's machines getting damaged by ASUS repair centers. Coming back dusty, scratched, damaged with water, badly repaired, having internal brackets sheered so it rattles, having a hole drilled through a mobo, all kinds of crap. Anyone who has read >50 threads on ASUS abuse would be silly to think that fixing 1 center would do anything. ASUS QA is non-existent across the board.

This is just as insulting a solution as when an ASUS rep offered to give away a single washer. It does nothing to fix the problem, and it is just so they can say "hey we are doing something, that's better than nothing", just like you are saying now.
    I can't do anything to change the fact that you had a bad experience getting your system repaired, and being a negative and disruptive presence in discussions like this will not change what has happened either. What it will do is make people far less empathetic to your situation. All I can do is try and make sure that no one else has an experience like yours, and if you ever set down that chip you're carrying on your shoulder, I think you would agree it is a positive change.
    > negative and disruptive presence
    Oh ****, sorry that I don't worship ASUS's horrible support system, sorry about being a realist. No one in their right mind would think that fixing up 1 center would fix the problem. I said before that your solution is insulting, do you really think that ASUS customers are so feeble that they would be happy at the tiniest step in the right direction? If ASUS doesn't move in leaps and bounds, then they are not committed to fixing the problem.

The guy is asking for a refund, and you are offering to talk to the repair center. How is this equivalent? Maybe stop with the confirmation bias that "anyone who disagrees with me is just a negative nancy", and read the thread and think a bit.
    More like that's not my responsibility. If someone in the Asus management wanted to put me in charge of handling that sort of thing, I would enjoy the challenge. Granted, that's probably a level of naivete speaking, because there are a number of differences between a person's intentions and certain realities. It being election time here in the states, blah blah.

A lot of times the realities of the job are very much at odds with the best of intentions and the noblest of ideals.
    So I take it you have already escalated the problem to your superiors? Since you care about "making sure that no one else has an experience like yours", I'm sure you already raised the issue with your superiors years ago, and have since then been continually updating them and pressuring them. Perhaps inform them that some people consider class action suits as a viable solution, and point out that they have already been taken to court and lost once because of their bad support.

I'm sure you aren't as helpless as you pretend to be.

And for anyone who thinks that is bad, never go to work for any place that repairs Apple computers. They will let orders just sit for several days, then cancel them on you. If you're lucky they will send you a form letter with a generic reason selected for why your order is being canceled. But they won't do anything logical like send it to the person who created the repair, they'll send it to one of the account admins. I developed a good working relationship with a lot of the people in one of Apple's administrative centers, so they'd tell me what was going on off the record, but officially you were lucky to get one of those generic form letters with a non-descript and completely useless reason for why the order was canceled. Even better, was that the way Apple scores their sliding scale for labor payouts, the repair shop gets penalized when Apple doesn't have any parts in stock. You would have to go and beg the administrative people for an exemption on that repair, and of course Apple keeps track of every time you ask for one of those exemptions, and it factors into whether or not they'll grant one next time around. So they screw up, and it's the repair shop that gets to not only deal with the customer screaming about how long it's taking, but then you get shafted on your labor reimbursements for the following month.
    I could replace "Apple" in this paragraph with "ASUS", and a lot of people would think it is true.
    Last edited by Gorman; 08-31-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Hello all, I have been reading this thread, and while @cl-scott's joke about throwing things at @Mason is funny, I think this has gone off topic. Unless the OP can update us on the results of PM'ing @Mason, I don't see how this is relevant to his issue.

With regards to quality of support, I know that their e-mail reps are generally decent - e-mailed with one to figure out how to fix an nVidia driver problem. I wasn't all that clear, but the rep tried to help as much as ?he?/?she? (Sunshine) could. I know that there are alway bad experiences floating around, but I would be quite surprised if the repair centers really do drill holes in the mobo.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast