cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH 4 formula random shut down + cold boot

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Many people using the new Crosshair IV Formula report that the board shut down by itself and wont turn on back until the PSU is closed for few sec and re-open. Many people report that putting a few more value on the NB voltage can help. I look back on this with the few people I know having this issue and give some news later. If you guys know anything about it please tell me!
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!
7 REPLIES 7

Retired
Not applicable
Martin can you give more details, on the setup and other links with this problem. Is this at complete stock settings?

martin_metal_88
Level 8
This is one of the setup. Asus CH IV Formula, AMD 1090T, 4X2Gb Gskill PI 12800
And everything is stock for now since the board give some random Issue ( not mine but I try to help by posting here:P )
They have seems to be the same PSU TX750. Maybe the board don't like CWT PSU?? otto add the same kind of trouble ( cold boot ) with EVGA and CWT PSU.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
I doubt it's just CWT based psu's. I'm using a 1200 watt turbocool by PC P&C.

chew* wrote:
I doubt it's just CWT based psu's. I'm using a 1200 watt turbocool by PC P&C.

and you experience the issue also?

Retired
Not applicable
ottoyu34 wrote:
and you experience the issue also?

So far no, psu's tested so far 860 turbocool, 1200 turbocool and 1200w thermaltake all of which iirc are CWT based.

Retired
Not applicable
Will need more details in order to troubleshoot, i.e. how long after powering on does this random shut down happen? I've tested around 6 or 7 C-IV-F and haven't experienced this particular issue. I have seen at least one CIVF that would reboot within 5 seconds of powering on, but it would also give "NB overtemp error", so I knew why it was shutting down. The issue some users are having with the NB/SB overheating can most likely be attributed to a bad of CIVF's that had their NB & SB heatsink assemblies incorrectly installed.

Regarding the 'random shut down + cold bug', I haven't heard of that yet, but with more details I can test with components as close as possible to the configuration of a user experiencing this issue. I don't have a CWT PSU though.

-ASUS Support

Retired
Not applicable
in previous post, 'cold bug' should be 'cold boot'