cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus V - Help?

Marshal396
Level 7
Hi Guys

Basically i'm planing on buying this board in the near future (the 20th of this month coming)
but im trying to gather asmuch info as possible to see if all this will work out. Hopefully you guys may be able to help me 🙂

so the set up im planing on is

Case: Coolermaster Haf X - alredy owned
PSU: Corsair ax750w (alredy owned) - but thinking of buying the Corsair ax1200w
Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Extreme
Cpu: Intel i7-3770K CPU (Ivy Bridge, 3.50ghz)
Memory: Corsair Vengence Low Profile 1600mhz (16gb)

so thats the main part what im wondering is:

1) will i be able to hook up a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD as ive search forums google etc but i havent seen anything.
2) if i can is it still posible to have that AND Sli/CrossfireX running. (if so are there any drawbacks. if i cant why not?)

3) also does this motherboard fit the noctua? or will i want a custom water cooling kit? if so what kit is best to own? as i know the custom kits are better than the ready set up corsair kits and if making a custom kit works better (than the noctua) i dont mind creating a good one if its reliable enough, if there is a good guide i can follow anyhow 🙂 (also how prone am i to say leaking?)

4) also what graphics cards are good to get if possible i would like some that would work with a Hackintosh. as that is also a plan i have in mind while upgrading the computer.

im not planing on overclocking but i just want a board that has asmuch as i can fit while at the same time future proofing etc (i know it might sound weird but its jsut what ive decided i want to do as i like all the features)

Sorry for asking allot im just trying to be thorough so i dont go buying somthing that i dont know how to work fully.
again any help is muchly appriciated and if i have left anything out please just let me know and i will do my best to reply

Cheers
Peace ^_^
1 REPLY 1

HiVizMan
Level 40
1 - Yes
2 - Yes
3 - Yes it does, if you are using a huge VGA then put a bit of tape on the one bit that might touch the card. (certain noctua coolers only)
4 - Go have a look over on TonyMac's forum. He has a list of suggested builds and graphic cards.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.