cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX wireless connectivity issue.

cberry2212
Level 7
Hey i have been driving myself absolutely crazy trying to figure out what the source of the problem i am currently having is and i am just completely stumped.

I have had my laptop for a little over a year now and have never had issues with it, i had cox internet at my old apartment and everything was fine i recently moved and switched over to time warner cable, they gave me a different modem and its actually a faster internet speed, but while gaming and only while gaming randomly my ping will shoot up to unacceptable levels, i will lag out and most of the time i will Disconnect from whatever im playing usually league of legends or Swtor.

At first i thought maybe it was the new modem, and i tried opening all my ports allowing it threw my firewall, turning off my antivirus but still nothing, i spent alot of time on the phone talking with time warner cable, with no results. I figured it was just the internet connection until i had a friend come over last weekend and LAN at my house, he also has a asus laptop an older model but he had no issues whatsoever with the random lag spikes.

Anyways i was wondering if anything knew anything about this or could suggest something for me i am getting pretty desperate and any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

FenrisHH
Level 7
Same problem here,
it's randomly sometimes I may play for hours without a ping drop but then it hits me, sometimes I'm even dropped out of the game completely. Friends don't have the same problem so it's not the game but my hardware 😕
I saw something about exchanging the w-lan card.... how is that possible and what model must I buy/ and how does it work?

Well I'm glad that i am not the only person with the problem, maybe its a hardware issue with the wireless card, does anyone have any suggestions to fix it?

dstrakele
Level 14
Do you have an Intel or Atheros WiFi card in your G74SX?

What version WiFi driver are you currently running?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT