cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with G73S

Retired
Not applicable
I am on my third G73S series laptop from Comp USA....

The first one purchased had a non-functioning function key, back lighting didn't work on keyboard besides when turned on, and it blue screened.

Second laptop worked well for a month and then blue screened on me two times within 30mins.

Third laptop - Twice now when turning it on, it has a black screen with only the mouse pointer for a little over 10 minutes before it turns on fully.

Is this common or am I having really bad luck?
5 REPLIES 5

jorlanm
Level 7
Its just bad luck...the g73sw is one of the most stable laptops out there...
-ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE-
-Intel Core i7-2630QM Mobile Quad Processor
-Intel HM65 Express Chipset +ICH10
-17.3" 1920x1080 120Hz Anti-Glare Matte Screen
-nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
-nVidia 3D Vision Active Shutter Glasses
-Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
-THX TruStudio
-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (Max 32GB)
-2x500 Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid HDD
-Blu-Ray 4x Burner
-Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Laser Mice
-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

-XBOX360, PS3, Wii

Jorlanm i bought a few days ago my G73SW with all the settings exactly as yours but i am trying to enable 3D vision but it doesn't do anything when i click enable. I don't have the active shutter glasses but i was just trying to see if the 3D vision worked. Do i need the glasses to install some additional software to enable 3D or should i be able to see the "blurry" screen effect when enabling the 3D w/o the glasses. please help.
G73SW-XT1

Intel Core i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M - 2.0Ghz
16GB DDR3-1333
60GB OCZ SSD vertex III
500GB Seagate Momentus XT
DirectX 11
Win7- Ultimate

Chastity
Level 10
There's a setup wizard you need to do first, and it will ask you to have your glasses and emitters installed first, or use the red/cyan Discovery glasses. Then you'll get the option to enable or disable 3D in games.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

taneth21
Level 7
I see, because i know this g73s has 3d capability built in but i wasn't sure it was already installed. Is there a specific folder i should go to start this setup in this pc or is it available somewhere to d/l here on the site. Sorry to bother so much but i tried everything in nvidia control panel and folders and i cant make it work. 😞
G73SW-XT1

Intel Core i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M - 2.0Ghz
16GB DDR3-1333
60GB OCZ SSD vertex III
500GB Seagate Momentus XT
DirectX 11
Win7- Ultimate

Chastity
Level 10
The newer Verde drivers include the 3D Vision applications, so if you are not on 275.33 Verde WHQL, then I would update to that.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-275.33-whql-driver.html
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]