cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant install fresh copy of windows 7

Sunrise2000
Level 8
I want to install a fresh copy (clean install) of windows, I burn dvd and usb, these are bootable, restart, hitting esc, select dvd or usb boot, setup start, but in next step of setup tell me that "Required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing". Setup cant find partition where I want to install windows 7...

P.S. copy of windows 7 included SP1

What should I do? Please help. I searched the same thread but no find a sollution.
26 REPLIES 26

Korky
Level 9
Sunrise2000 wrote:
I want to install a fresh copy (clean install) of windows, I burn dvd and usb, these are bootable, restart, hitting esc, select dvd or usb boot, setup start, but in next step of setup tell me that "Required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing". Setup cant find partition where I want to install windows 7...

P.S. copy of windows 7 included SP1

What should I do? Please help. I searched the same thread but no find a sollution.

Here you go:

ASUS G75VW Clean Install Guide

It's the first search result that appears, has everything from burning the Windows 7 DVD (legally) to getting and installing the latest drivers

Korky wrote:
Here you go:

ASUS G75VW Clean Install Guide

It's the first search result that appears, has everything from burning the Windows 7 DVD (legally) to getting and installing the latest drivers

this guide I just read but windows setup cant find any partition anyway.

does this work with the g55 as well?

micromachine wrote:
does this work with the g55 as well?

Does what work? Might be a good idea to start a new thread if you have specific questions ...

c_man
Level 11
Hm, on DVD it should work if it's SP1. Try to disable UEFI Boot.

Can you test the system using a Mint Matte live session?

c_man wrote:
Hm, on DVD it should work if it's SP1. Try to disable UEFI Boot.

Can you test the system using a Mint Matte live session?

how can I disable UEFI boot?
What is mint matte live session?

what link you are used to burn into DVD from this site: http://forums.pctweakers.net/showthread.php/46-Windows-7-Download-Links

Maybe which I downloaded and burned is corrupt.. hmm..

dstrakele
Level 14
I initially received a "Required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" error when I attempted a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 to my G74SX. I downloaded the .ISO file again, burned a new DVD at the slowest speed, and the install was successful.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
I initially received a "Required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" error when I attempted a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 to my G74SX. I downloaded the .ISO file again, burned a new DVD at the slowest speed, and the install was successful.

from where you downloaded ISO file? Please give a direct link.

c_man
Level 11
UEFI boot is in BIOS.

Mint Matte is a Linux OS.

Using a very slow speed to burn it is a good idea.