cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G60JX Sound crackling/popping

Reaysi
Level 7
Hello, I've been having a problem with sound crackling/popping for about 2 months now. At first it wasn't too bad, but it has become increasingly worse as everytime I play a game or watch a video I can hear sound crackling/popping with each sound I hear. I am using a Logitech G35 headset but the crackling seems to happen even with only the integrated speakers.

I tried a couple of programs to see if this sound problem could be solved like DPC Latency and Latency Monitor.
These programs said the following.
DPC Latency: Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop-outs in real-time audio and/or video streams. To isolate the misbehaving driver use Device Manager and disable/re-enable various devices, one at a time. Try network and W-LAN adapters, modems, internal sound devices, USB host controllers, etc.

Latency Monitor: Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

I've tried disabling and enabling some of the devices but end up having to restart the computer over and over again, I do not know how I can update my BIOS or disable CPU throttling settings.

I've been trying to fix this problem for weeks now but I could not do it. So I came here seeking answers.
Thank you for all answers and please help me fix this problem.
0 REPLIES 0