Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Yes, RSTe is installed, driver 3.2.0.1126 according to device manager.

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Cheers Nodens you and me both can not find anything official that is more meaty and detailed. Does not make it not so of course. Thanks for your input here and in other threads concerning storage issues. Much appreciated mate.
    Glad I can be of assistance. I am stalking the forums daily while waiting for new UEFI version that fixes up my 2015 issues So I may as well help as much as I can. I'm still looking for that detailed discussion on the subject. The development of smartmontools has access to Intel white papers and is also doing a lot of reverse engineering. The test I suggested though will clear any doubt as -d sat will only work if it's indeed SAT. Otherwise it will refuse or automatically change to ATA. Unfortunately I don't have any unused drives right now to test it myself but if you could do it we'd have a definitive answer there smartctl can even pull smart data from behind some hardware RAID controllers

Quote Originally Posted by nicklasd View Post
    Yes, RSTe is installed, driver 3.2.0.1126 according to device manager.
    Try version 3.5.x directly from Intel and if that doesn't work try the stock Win8 driver (remove RSTe). There has been several reports of success with "optimization"(TRIM) in several threads here. As long as the OpRom is updated.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2