cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking For Hafx and p8p67 Cable management.

Cody_Irwin
Level 10
Hello guys, Im fairly new to cable managing so i thought I can make my new rig better then my bros I managed.

I got a haf X case
p8p67 pro
Corsair HX850 psu
and pretty sure thats all you need to know besides

Top drive bay is cd drive

and 1st/top HD cage is a Harddrive.

I was wondering if anyone can help me put everything together to make it beautiful.

Also if possible... Give instructions on what goes where for the cables... I put my bros together and yea... some things were not in the mobo and the case manual and i just dont think I put some things where they should be such as front bay ports for usb ect.

Any help be awesome. Thanks guys, please include pictures if possible.

I will be using every fan in the haf x that came with it too.
10 REPLIES 10

Retired
Not applicable
take pics with the board in the case along with the psu, front and back. im sure we can help

DarthBeavis
Level 9
yes pix first please

Cody_Irwin
Level 10
Well heres a pic, Idk if i even hooked everything up correctly such as usb on bottom because they didnt say in haf x manual or the mobo manual where they should go tbh. No lie... Not even the pics haha.

btw will be putting back fan as the chasis fan or w/e, just forgot about it while putting it together so gotta undo it from adapter and pop it on the mobo, Fail me XD

Kipper
Level 10
The HAF-X chassis is a great case for cable management.

I would suggest you try the following:

1. Unhook all of your cabling and route it all out the right side behind the MB panel.

2. Turn your PSU over so it will draw cooler air through the venting on the bottom panel which will also put your native cables closer to that right side panel and give you a little more cable length for running them behind the MB Panel.

3. Run your rear exhaust fan cable up and out the hole in the MB Panel. Do the same with the front bezel intake fan.

4. Now that you have all your front control panel wiring ran out the right side I would take them one at a time through the opening closest to the MB connection; connect them and leave any and all extra cable behind the MB Panel.

5. By now you will begin to see everything taking shape, do not get in a hurry and don't be afraid to try things a couple of different ways until you are happy with it.

I was fortunate enough to have reviewed the HAF-X for Cooler Master before their release date. If you care to have a look at my review you will see some of the things I mention above.

HAF-X Review

Kipper wrote:
The HAF-X chassis is a great case for cable management.

I would suggest you try the following:

1. Unhook all of your cabling and route it all out the right side behind the MB panel.

2. Turn your PSU over so it will draw cooler air through the venting on the bottom panel which will also put your native cables closer to that right side panel and give you a little more cable length for running them behind the MB Panel.

3. Run your rear exhaust fan cable up and out the hole in the MB Panel. Do the same with the front bezel intake fan.

4. Now that you have all your front control panel wiring ran out the right side I would take them one at a time through the opening closest to the MB connection; connect them and leave any and all extra cable behind the MB Panel.

5. By now you will begin to see everything taking shape, do not get in a hurry and don't be afraid to try things a couple of different ways until you are happy with it.

I was fortunate enough to have reviewed the HAF-X for Cooler Master before their release date. If you care to have a look at my review you will see some of the things I mention above.

HAF-X Review

Well everything is behind the case except for my molex connectors. and the molex connectors on the hx850 from corsair are upside down, dunno why they made the psu like that... but yea... I also dont have the psu mounted upside down because didnt see if it was recommended, on top of that we have dogs in the house who constantly shed and the computer will not be able to handle with dust filter or not the hair going into the powersupply. thats one reason I kept it facing up as it is. and regardless I heard people recommend to keep this psu facing up as it is. Unless their just wrong in general.

Kipper
Level 10
As for the dust and dog fur, if you ensure that your setup has positive air flow (more CFM on intake that the CFM on exhaust) to you greatly reduce that problem.

If you can run the PSU cable that feeds all those 4pin connections differently and maybe use less extensions for longer ones so you can neatly bundle that cabling on the bottom panel so when you put your cable wiring guard back on the system it will hide that area.

Hopefully some of my ideas will help some.

Kipper wrote:
As for the dust and dog fur, if you ensure that your setup has positive air flow (more CFM on intake that the CFM on exhaust) to you greatly reduce that problem.

If you can run the PSU cable that feeds all those 4pin connections differently and maybe use less extensions for longer ones so you can neatly bundle that cabling on the bottom panel so when you put your cable wiring guard back on the system it will hide that area.

Hopefully some of my ideas will help some.

I have to use 2x molex connectors in my psu, They made the cables for them upside down pretty much or else one would reach for all my connectors my cd drive and my Harddrive. but I just cant do it... either I put the cable behind or i put the cable not behind and making it look worst.

As for dog hair it doesnt matter regardless Ill be cleaning this so much its not even funny but I only have the top going for out and the back going out the front blows in and the side blows in. its more thene nough for now wont have problems unless I put psu in upside down wich I really dont want...

alan1476
Level 7
Hey Kipper, now that I am here I hope I can post the specs of the build you gave me for my birthday.
Intel 3960X
ASUS X79 Sabertooth
Vertex 4 512gb
1 TB Data drive
32gbs of Quad Channell GSkill 2133mhz
Swiftech H20-320 Edge Kit
Corsair Obsidian 800D Case

Retired
Not applicable