Threaded View

ROG Enthusiast Array

Clean Installation for Asus G74Sx-BBK8

After I had my laptop installed a clean windows 7 home premium, my laptop has become slower that is very noticable. The boot time takes up to more than 1 minute where before it took about 25-30 seconds. I did google it about the booting time, and found they mentioned about the new update of NVIDIA (301.42) which caused the booting to be longer. So I went on downgrading it (using Roll Back function from Device Manager) but it still took more than 1 minute to boot .

Another problem I figured is that the windows is not as smooth as it was before. I don't think I did anything wrong, but it's just slow. I also experienced something I've never encountered. Everytime I open an application, for instance Asus GPU Tweak, it asks me for the permission to open. And it's not only this app, some others app behave the same way too.

Please help me with this.

P.S. I installed all the needed drivers ATK, KB Filter, NVIDIA Driver (296.16), Sound, Chipset, LAN, Wireless LAN, Touchpad (Synaptic not Sentelic) and BIOS 203.