cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plz help. Loud Noise!

Retired
Not applicable
I have the Bestbuy version of the G73JH-RBBX05 Everytime I exit out of a game and I dont wait 1-2 minites before opening another application the speakers start popping and crackling loudly until i exit out the program. Is there a way to fix this?
7 REPLIES 7

xeromist
Is it always the same game or do you have the problem with several different games?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Does it with every game I play...

xeromist
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver? Another thing to try updating/reinstalling would be directx as that is a shared component of games as well.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
ok ill let you know if that works on Tuesday i work crazy hours. thx

Retired
Not applicable
Ok Its got real bad now! I had sometime yesterday to work on reinstalling the audio drivers and... Before i reinstalled the audio i decided to update the video driver for the 5870 to v11.4, rebooted the computer and it worked just fine, i then i uninstalled/reinstalled the audio drivers and rebooted again, after the reboot only the left speaker was working, i decided to go back on my restore point before i started all this. Everything seemed ok til it started to freeze on my desktop screen as it was still loading. I held the off butten til it turned off waited for 10sec then restarted it but now all i get is a blank screen like it never turned on at all, All the blue lights stay on even the little lights for the caps lock and Num lock. I called Asus they had me pull the battery hold the start butten for 1min and so on and they couldn't help. Is there anything more i can try?

xeromist
AFAIK, if you removed the battery and unplugged the power then there's not much more that can be done without opening it up. You could try leaving it completely powerless for longer but I'm doubtful. 😞

Retired
Not applicable
Ill try taking it to bestbuy i still have 3yr standard warranty with them, I've never taken anything to them before I hope there good to work with and they know what there doing.