cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings for Phoebus + Tiamat 7.1 +BF3

loiphin
Level 7
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to share their settings for a Phoebus Card + Tiamat 7.1 + BF3.

There are an aweful lots of settings to configure:

The Phoebus card itself
Windows Sound Settings
Tiamat 7.1 settings (if any?)
Settings within BF3...

Looking forward to getting my Phoebus and Tiamat 7.1. Hopefully the true surround sound will improve upon my Corsair Vengeance 1500.

Thanks,

loiphin.
12 REPLIES 12

slik
Level 9
loiphin wrote:
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to share their settings for a Phoebus Card + Tiamat 7.1 + BF3.

There are an aweful lots of settings to configure:

The Phoebus card itself
Windows Sound Settings
Tiamat 7.1 settings (if any?)
Settings within BF3...

Looking forward to getting my Phoebus and Tiamat 7.1. Hopefully the true surround sound will improve upon my Corsair Vengeance 1500.

Thanks,

loiphin.
Set windows sound to 7.1. In Phoebus,set speakers to 7.1,then go to the Dolby PCEE page,click on "game",enable Intelligent EQ and then set it to "enhance all frequencies". Nothing more. Don't enable GX. It's there for older games with EAX. You should now be good to go. If you hear a buzz in the Tiamats,use another USB for power to the headphones. In BF 3,I have the audio set to Hi Fi. Good luck!

slik wrote:
,then go to the Dolby PCEE page,click on "game",enable Intelligent EQ and then set it to "enhance all frequencies"

Where do I find this page, I can't seem to find it?

ruffnut wrote:
Where do I find this page, I can't seem to find it?
Right click the speaker icon. It's at the bottom of the list.

slik wrote:
Right click the speaker icon. It's at the bottom of the list.

Cool, wasn't installed. Just installed it and can find it now. 🙂

I had a play with my Tiamat 7.1 and Phoebus last night in BF3. Sounds pretty good, amazing bass when firing your assault rifle. But some of the sounds are a bit strange. Sounds a bit tinny and almost as if you are hearing it while sitting in a large pipe. Seems to be jets and heli's as they fly over.

I setup my settings as Slik recommended, but it still doesnt sound quite right.

Any ideas??

loiphin.

loiphin wrote:
I had a play with my Tiamat 7.1 and Phoebus last night in BF3. Sounds pretty good, amazing bass when firing your assault rifle. But some of the sounds are a bit strange. Sounds a bit tinny and almost as if you are hearing it while sitting in a large pipe. Seems to be jets and heli's as they fly over.

I setup my settings as Slik recommended, but it still doesnt sound quite right.

Any ideas??

loiphin.
It's a matter of getting the settings where they sound best to you. Turn all enhancements off,see how it sounds,then try all the Game EQ pre-sets til you get it right. It may take you a while,but once you know where you like everything set,there ain't a better sound anywhere. In any game.

slik wrote:
It's a matter of getting the settings where they sound best to you. Turn all enhancements off,see how it sounds,then try all the Game EQ pre-sets til you get it right. It may take you a while,but once you know where you like everything set,there ain't a better sound anywhere. In any game.

Thanks man. I will play with the settings and see what I can do.

slik wrote:
Set windows sound to 7.1. In Phoebus,set speakers to 7.1,then go to the Dolby PCEE page,click on "game",enable Intelligent EQ and then set it to "enhance all frequencies". Nothing more. Don't enable GX. It's there for older games with EAX. You should now be good to go. If you hear a buzz in the Tiamats,use another USB for power to the headphones. In BF 3,I have the audio set to Hi Fi. Good luck!

Thanks Slik 🙂 🙂 Will try it out.

slik wrote:

When you say set the Intelligent EQ to "enhance all frequencies" and nothing more, did you leave "Graphic Equaliser" "Volume Leveler" and "surround Virtualiser" on? as they were on by defult under "Game"