cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I translate my TurboV EVO settings to the bios?

cruebrew
Level 7
I am able to get a stable overclock of 4.7 GHz with a CPU voltage of 1.2. I'm also applying the Smart DIGI+ Key settings. I'm using TurboV EVO and DIGI+ Power Control apps to achieve this.

But when I tried to change the bios settings to match I can't even get in to windows before it reboots. I'm setting the clock multiplier to 47 and the voltage to a manual 1.2v. I tried changing the CPU voltage offset to +.05v, but that didn't work either.

What am I missing? There must be some changes the apps are making that I'm not duplicating in the bios.

BTW it is a Intel Core i7 3770K and the P8Z77-V Deluxe.
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you post a screenshot of CPUz showing your oveclock with TurboV while running a few instances of HyperPI please.

http://virgilioborges.com.br/hyperpi/

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

I suspect that 1.2 will be a tad to low for stability especially if you are not able to boot into OS at that voltage.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Here is 4.7 ghz using DIGI+ settings.

And here is 4.7 ghz using just voltage of 1.325.

And here is 4.7 ghz using just voltage of 1.325.

cruebrew
Level 7
The difference is the smart DIGI+ Key settings. I noticed that the voltage is actually 1.3 to 1.35v even though I'm setting it to 1.2v. I'm guessing that one of those settings is causing it to increase the voltage. I've taken pictures of the DIGI+ settings and I'm going to duplicate those in the bios. Although just setting the voltage to 1.325 will also make it stable.

Which do you think would be the best way to do it? Just set the voltage or set all the DIGI+ settings?

Retired
Not applicable
Bump up the vccsa a a little, and i think u will get into win.. it dont take much..

Most common> (Sandy Bridge E)

win boot freeze= vccsa
Win restart = vcore
Stability= pll
stability= vtt

work with very small steps (it generally dont take much), find the right combination..

To much of lets say pll, and the stability will drop again..

this, and the proper digi-vrm settings.... 🐵

Find your chip's g-spot, and rub it.. Make it happy..

and on and on..

And the "high" vcore, is due to your LLC (Load line calibration), the higher you overclock, the more it will "stretch/float"...
Ultra high 140%, yes, the vcore move (but within limits)

offset i cant help you with, i dont even know what that is, to be honest( never used)...

If someone gives you a tip that seems to be very high/odd "off the wall" regarding any voltages, yes. Most likely its not a good solution..

LoL, i shouldn't even be in here, its the IVY section....

Crawling out again..

;o)

HiVizMan
Level 40
My friend you know as much, if not more about the fine tuning of a Intel system as any on this forum. So please hang out and play with the Ivy. You are doing good.

To the OP all I can really add here is watch your temperatures like a hawk.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Zka17
Level 16
For a 3770k you definitely need more than 1.2V for stability! Somewhere between 1.30-1.35V... - and there you go, 1.325V...

As HiVizMan said, watch your temps! They seem a little bit high for those settings... of course, that depends on the ambient temp and the used cooler too...

The room isn't warm and I'm using a large case with 3 x 230mm fans. I'm using the Corsair H80 water cooler for my CPU cooling.

Right now I just have the voltage at 1.325 with the default DIGI+ settings. It seems like a much simpler solution than changing all those DIGI+ options in the bios. And it seems to be just as stable.