cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus maximus IV extreme-z and dual 6990

MarcioTB
Level 9
Hi

Can I use dual 6990 in a maximus extreme-z????
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
Indeed you can.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Indeed you can.

How? It isn´t work!:mad:

Here is proof.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

But at you picture is an Maximus IV extreme, is the same for Maximus IV extreme-z?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do you have all your PSU connectors hooked up to the motherboard and the VGA's

Please list your system specifications in full. 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
yes it is the same the Z board is the newer version of the same chipset.

HiVizMan wrote:
yes it is the same the Z board is the newer version of the same chipset.

But one is P67 and another is z68! During installation the system says "not correct bridge installed"

HiVizMan
Level 40
It makes no difference, the Z68 just means that the SATA3 issue was fixed my friend.

You are then using the incorrect AMD crossfireX bridge. Maybe it is broken.

How do you know that both cards are working correctly? Have you tested one at a time? Please show me the GPUz of each card if you can.
Also what power supply are you using, I have asked for your system specs and if you wish me to assist you I will now need you to provide answers for my questions.

HiVizMan wrote:
It makes no difference, the Z68 just means that the SATA3 issue was fixed my friend.

You are then using the incorrect AMD crossfireX bridge. Maybe it is broken.

How do you know that both cards are working correctly? Have you tested one at a time? Please show me the GPUz of each card if you can.
Also what power supply are you using, I have asked for your system specs and if you wish me to assist you I will now need you to provide answers for my questions.

Thanks! I´ll try to make these tests! This problems is with a friend, not me! I´ll try to get the GPUz and CPUz screens!
I really apreciated!