Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array d-Metrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Question Intel Anti-Theft service

    Did any of G75VW owners have Intel Anti-Theft service (https://atservice.intel.com) code/key card shipped with the notebook?

    I am interested in using this technology, but Intel Anti-Theft service's site requires to have thath code/key card to start using it.

    Any help?
    ASUS G75VW (Intel Core i7 3610QM, 12 Gb DDR3-1600, nVidia GeForce GTX 660M 2 Gb, 2x750 HDD, 3D Vision)

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Reputation
    46
    Posts
    615

    Quote Originally Posted by d-Metrius View Post
    I am interested in using this technology, but Intel Anti-Theft service's site requires to have thath code/key card to start using it.
    Looks like not supported on G55/G75 systems ... if you really need it best shop for something that it is built in already.

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array d-Metrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    I allready own a G75VW.
    Intel site shows that Intel Anti-Theft is supported by HM77 chipset (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...pset-hm77.html) and in G75VW bios I see Intel Anti-Theft options. Intel Anti-Theft service site uses Java applet to determine if Intel Anti-Theft service is supported on current hardware and this test passes on G75VW, but to start using this service they require special activation code, which I do not have. I was just asking if anyone of you (owners of G75) have this code bundled.

    This is quite an interesting technology for me.
    ASUS G75VW (Intel Core i7 3610QM, 12 Gb DDR3-1600, nVidia GeForce GTX 660M 2 Gb, 2x750 HDD, 3D Vision)

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    I had read that g74 series has an intel anti theft tech that is included in the system, but not the currently released g75 series laptops

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Reputation
    46
    Posts
    615

    Quote Originally Posted by d-Metrius View Post
    I allready own a G75VW.
    Intel site shows that Intel Anti-Theft is supported by HM77 chipset (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...pset-hm77.html) and in G75VW bios I see Intel Anti-Theft options. Intel Anti-Theft service site uses Java applet to determine if Intel Anti-Theft service is supported on current hardware and this test passes on G75VW, but to start using this service they require special activation code, which I do not have.
    Looks like a good question for Marshall at asus ... ( help Marshall! ).

    By the way ... on your system with 12 gb ... have you tried installing HWINFO64?

    What does it show about your memory ... guessing not dual channel ... hoping that is wrong though!

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array d-Metrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by john_from_ohio View Post
    Looks like a good question for Marshall at asus ... ( help Marshall! ).

    By the way ... on your system with 12 gb ... have you tried installing HWINFO64?

    What does it show about your memory ... guessing not dual channel ... hoping that is wrong though!
    I have 3x4Gb Elpida 1600 Mhz memory and CPU-Z shows dual channel, which is rather strange for me either. I didn't check it with HWiNFO64 yet, but I'm sure it will show same results.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos memory.jpg  

    ASUS G75VW (Intel Core i7 3610QM, 12 Gb DDR3-1600, nVidia GeForce GTX 660M 2 Gb, 2x750 HDD, 3D Vision)

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array d-Metrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    HWiNFO64 shows the same picture as I expected.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos hwinfo.jpg  

    ASUS G75VW (Intel Core i7 3610QM, 12 Gb DDR3-1600, nVidia GeForce GTX 660M 2 Gb, 2x750 HDD, 3D Vision)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •