3 dollars later

Looks better hey
13 REPLIES 13

Kipper
Level 10
In deed it does, great idea

HiVizMan
Level 40
WOW talk about a simple idea improving the look of a VGA big time. Nice one mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

xeromist
Nice idea!
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Zka17
Level 16
Excellent! Now can you put something similar on the back of the top one?

Zka17 wrote:
Excellent! Now can you put something similar on the back of the top one?

As long as it isn't electrically conductive that would be doable. Temps might go up a bit if you insulated and covered the back of the card with a lot of material though.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Zka17
Level 16
Yeah, you're right, xeromist... maybe an original black backplate... - that would not be so budget-friendly though...

Zka17 wrote:
Yeah, you're right, xeromist... maybe an original black backplate... - that would not be so budget-friendly though...

The ideal thing might be some non-conductive adhesive thermal pads at a few strategic contact points and then a perforated piece of metal like what he has on the side. The pads would provide spacing, adhesion, and thermal conductance so that the metal doesn't have to contact the back of the card directly.

Great idea! Angle iron?? Looks good, especially keeping that ROG'n color scheme intact ... great one, mate.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

LeviathanPT
Level 10
Looks great man. Good work!