Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxidine View Post
    Well this explains my dilemma. I've got that mPCIe chip installed but nothing connects via Bluetooth. I, however, cannot connect the antennas.

The manual says to "remove the bolt from the Wi-Fi antenna connector" but there is no bolt... and I don't have anything that would connect to the card anyway. Manual also says "Wi-Fi antenna and it's cables are purchased separately". So if this is what I need to get Bluetooth working, anyone know where I can get these cables?
    What board o you have? My MVF came with the mPCI adapter with the BT/WiFi card, the internal cables that connect the card to the IO shield and external antennas.

ROG Member Array

I have the Maximus V Extreme. It has a card in it, but it doesn't say what it is. I assumed it was the Bluetooth as the website states this board has Bluetooth.

ROG Member Array

If you see something like this http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&hl...&tx=117&ty=108 installed with 2 screws on the side of the combo card, then you should have BT and/or WiFi
    Last edited by Buehlar; 05-08-2013 at 08:31 PM.

ROG Member Array

Yep, that is exactly what I have. I just don't know why I can't connect to anything. It scans and scans (Windows 8) and finds nothing, despite my phone, keyboard and headset all set to pair. My RocketFish adapter was able to find them on my previous build.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array WeRNothiNg's Avatar

I have a similar problem, but my antennas are connected. It will find a new device, but rarely wants to pair. I am telling myself it is the devices, not my mobo, but there is always that thought. I have tried 5 phones of various make/models and only 1 paired. At 1st it have me a 0x800xxxxx message, I manually reset drivers and it stopped that error only to give me another.
    **i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz~ Cooler Master V8 ~ Asus Maximus V Formula ~ G Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3-1600 ~ Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze ~ Kingston HyperX 3K 120G SSD ~ 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB
    ~ WD 500GB ~ 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti TOP 2GB ~ Philips 1080p 39"**

[IMG][/IMG]

ROG Member Array

Is there a place I can get the proper connectors for the antenna just so I can get this Bluetooth working? It's a huge bummer having this and does nothing. I have the antenna, but no way to connect it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

for those having bluetooth issues :
    you need to connect the wifi antennas , i found that if you wont screw the antenna plug firmly onto the back i/o sheild , the antennas wont be connected properly , and you wont have bluetooth connection (wifi will work fine even without antennas)

you need to tighten the antenna plugs firmly , with the supplied nuts .
    then , screw in the antennas , check that the inner antenna wire cant be twisted once you screw the antenna in .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2