cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula Bluetooth

Rimark
Level 7
Hello,

Just recently built myself a new computer with the Maximus V Formula... Was just wondering how I could tell if the computer is recognizing the wifi+bluetooth combo card.

Whenever I try to discover a bluetooth device, it doesn't work. Not sure if I have the wrong drivers or if the motherboard just isn't recognizing the bluetooth card. Any advice?

Thanks

Edit: Also, are those two antennas only for the wi-fi portion? I assume so, therefore I haven't installed them...

Edit2: Nevermind, I added the antennas and I believe it's working now, how dumb of me!
16 REPLIES 16

bikeman
Level 7
So your problem is solved

HiVizMan
Level 40
Not dumb at all, not many folks would have even thought to install the two antennas and expect the Bluetooth to be fixed. I certainly would not.

Thank you for posting back with the fix which worked for you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Its suppose to work without the antennas as they are only suppose to be for Wifi and not bluetooth but guess what mine didn't work either and then I attached the antennas too and it worked..kinda weird..

Gill wrote:
Its suppose to work without the antennas as they are only suppose to be for Wifi and not bluetooth but guess what mine didn't work either and then I attached the antennas too and it worked..kinda weird..

I would have never have thought that it would fix bluetooth but all that matters is that it does.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I had same problem and same fix. I already had to install one antenna to get WiFi to work, but Bluetooth wouldn't work. Second antenna and I'm all good. Thanks this thread!

That's strange. Are you talking about the little black leads that connect the mPCIe to the I/O shield? Or the actual external (white) antennas? I have Bluetooth and WiFi working w/o connecting the antennas...haven't even removed them from the packages.

For me i need at least one Antenna for Bluetooth. And only on one(right) plug.
Driver from here http://www.station-drivers.com/page/broadcom.htm

Xoxidine
Level 7
Well this explains my dilemma. I've got that mPCIe chip installed but nothing connects via Bluetooth. I, however, cannot connect the antennas.

The manual says to "remove the bolt from the Wi-Fi antenna connector" but there is no bolt... and I don't have anything that would connect to the card anyway. Manual also says "Wi-Fi antenna and it's cables are purchased separately". So if this is what I need to get Bluetooth working, anyone know where I can get these cables?

Xoxidine wrote:
Well this explains my dilemma. I've got that mPCIe chip installed but nothing connects via Bluetooth. I, however, cannot connect the antennas.

The manual says to "remove the bolt from the Wi-Fi antenna connector" but there is no bolt... and I don't have anything that would connect to the card anyway. Manual also says "Wi-Fi antenna and it's cables are purchased separately". So if this is what I need to get Bluetooth working, anyone know where I can get these cables?

What board o you have? My MVF came with the mPCI adapter with the BT/WiFi card, the internal cables that connect the card to the IO shield and external antennas.